Peavey 8 Pin MIDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 8 Pin MIDI

I'm looking for a schematic/pinout for the 8 pin MIDI input for a Peavey Tubefex. Iv'e got to build some special/custom cables/adapters for a MIDI merge circuit and I need to know what pins are MIDI, what pins are power, how much B+, etc.

Thanks In Advance
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

COntact customer service at Peavey and ask for the schematics for your unit.

I could be wrong, but I;d be very surpriseed if they were running B+ down a DIN cable.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I believe the data pins are the same as a regular 5-pin MIDI cable, so the socket is compatible with other MIDI cables and devices. That's all I know unfortunately. The power is probably 5 or 12V.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Got the schematic from Peavey. FYI they do run power via the DIN cable. It was quite the little project. The band plays to a sequencer and the guitar player wanted to be able to switch patches via the footpedal and/or via MIDI out of the sequencer. So the chain is sequencer and pedal into a MIDI merge box. MIDI merge box out to the Tubefex. The problem is that the pedal gets its power from the tube fex via an 8 pin DIN and there is also a MIDI return so that if you switch patches directly with the buttons on the Tubefex it updates the pedal. (I know....confusing).
        Anyway, what I had to do was carry pedal power, MIDI return, and ground straight through from pedal to Tubefex and split MIDI and ground out of the cable to route through the merge box. The pain was all the switching from 8 pin to 5 pin to female to male, etc.
        The customer tried it out last weekend and said it worked like a charm. In fact, he had me build another one for the other guitar player in the band.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

AH. Just a note: we generally reserve the term B+ for the plate supply of tube circuits - several hundred volts.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X