Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall 40 watt Haze amps...Problems...Fixes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 40 watt Haze amps...Problems...Fixes???

Hey Folks,

I wanted to buy a Marshall 40 watt Haze combo after hearing the sound clips but read some really bad reviews on the amp reliability issues on switching channels and amp just frying. I see them on Ebay kinda cheap.

Did Marshall fix the issues these combos were having or are these just plain T.U.R.D.S?

Thanks

Slo

I am not familiar with these, but there is a thread here... http://music-electronics-forum.com/t31148/
    Search may turn up others.
    the thread has the schematic for the 40W
    Here is the 15W schematic

They look like straightforward amps, and shoudl be easy enough to repair if needed.
    The guys here are always happy to help walk people through a repair.
    Attached Files

Comment

The problem with such reports is they are usually based on a very few experiences. These amps are made of the same materials all the other Marshall amps are made of and should be no more or less relaible than any. Tell me one brand of amp that never blows up. Tell me one brand of amp that never had a channel switching issue. It happens to any of them. I like to point out that even the Rolls Royce dealer has a service department, meanaing even the best quality things in the world sometimes need repair.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The Haze amps are made in China, as opposed to Marshall's own plant in England. The one I saw in a guitar shop had a MDF cabinet, like Marshall's Valvestate line.

However, I'd hope Marshall's quality control would still apply, and at the end of the day they are still tube amps and should be easy enough to repair.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X