Guitar Gear Advice for Deathcore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Gear Advice for Deathcore ?

Hey i'm Alex, i was hoping some of you could help me with advice on what I should do to make my sound tighter. I'm looking for a sound like Despised Icon, Whitechapel, Winds Of Pleauge and Within In The Ruins. Really crunchy and heavy sounding with less bass/fuzzy sound.

My gear:
    Jackson Dinky
    EMG pickups Sa/Sa/85X chrome (my 81 blew out so I just replaced it)
    RP7 Valve state Digitech pedal from august 1997
    MG412A 120 watt 4x12 Marshall Cabinet
    MG100HDFX Marshall Head
    and a gain nob

Background Info:
    I got decent tone out of the pedal but ive always had a ruffling noise for a few years, finally looked into it and found out it was my bridge 81 emg pickup that went bad. I replaced it with the 85X chrome and ever since I have had obnoxious feedback and loud amp fuzz when I stop playing. I went to guitar center and tried an external noise gate without the pedal and it sounded clean again but the tone out of just a head wasn't full and heavy enough for the sound I want. The noise gate w/ the pedal doesn't do anything. I was wondering if I could have advice on what I should do to get a full sound and eliminate the feedback/fuzz noise. thanks!

You need to switch to a Charvell Star, San Dimas, 1980s. Install Angus Young Pickups.
    You don't need the coil split. OK Burst Buckers is OK. I guess EMG is OK.
    The Cabinets are OK, but you need a power attenuator, between the amp and the cabs.
    AMP: this is where you need work. You need a Marshall tube amp, or a Bogner.
    Problem Solved, next Question please.

10 foot rule: You need to stand at least 10 feet away from the cabinets while playing.
    OR, seek an eardrum transplant, get earplugs.

Comment

Working...
    X