I love my model t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my model t

I've done all of Joe Arthur's mods and added a variable SS rectifier resistor package and love the results. I'm not a doom player I just love music and this amp rocks!

thanks for pointing me to this dude's mods! i've been fiddling with my 2nd gen trying to get it to hit that sweet spot. Going to get cracking on these tonight! Think I have all the parts laying around already from other various projects. Stoked!

Comment

Is it a Sunn Model T or a Fender Sunn Model T?

Comment

It is a" second generation" sunn model t.

Comment

hey i just finished these, but I dont notice a whole lot of change from the treble control. does yours make a difference in the sound? can you post some pictures of your insides!?

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of anyone adding a tube rectifier and a switch to a model T? seems to be a little bit of tube rectifier sag on this could go a long way

Comment

I used a 5 position rotary switch with a variety of 10 watt resistors from 0 to 240 ohms. Interesting results. I like all the settings. All the info I got on tube rectifiers said not to convert amps over 60 watts.

Comment

can you post a picture? I'm interested in what you did. How does the sound vary?
                What about your treble control? Does yours make noticeable changes in the sound?

Comment

Can't get to pictures till the weekend. As far as treble response, the amp seems brightest with master vol. @ 10 and dailing in vol with preamp volumes. But if you want more treble, replace the treble cap with a smaller value. If you want less treble, replace the treble cap with a larger value. The thing about the rectifier circuit is that the added resistance seems to compress the signal slightly and also moves the dominant mid range tones around as more resistance is applied. When the signal is overdriven, the added resistance seems to make the distorted sound less harsh and creamer. I run through two open back cabinets. One is a 1-15, and the other a 3-10. So playing through them gives me a bassier tone. The set up is not all that Brite so I can't get very shrill. I like that. I recently purchased a Frv-1 from boss and it also has a tone knob. So my tele gets alittle country twang to it. And I like where that's going.
                  Last edited by Sunnjunkie; 11-15-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cooldude666 View Post
                    can you post a picture? I'm interested in what you did. How does the sound vary?
                    What about your treble control? Does yours make noticeable changes in the sound?
                    Can't do pictures till weekend, as far as treble response, I get a great bright sound by turning the master volume to 10 and using preamp volume controls to dial in tone. Depending on overall volume I'll set my bass, mids, and treble accordingly.

Comment

Go to instagram and look up sunnjunkie for pictures of rectifier resistor circuit.

Comment

Working...
                      X