Source for Behringer Ultrabass input jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Behringer Ultrabass input jack

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement input jack for a Behringer Ultrabass 450 head? There are 3 jacks mounted on a pc board (1) passive (2) active (3) footswitch. I need the passive jack. It is made in China (Chusheung) and is a plastic, vertical mount 1/4" mono jack with 5 terminals. Behringer is not really user friendly to diyers and the nearest service shop from me is a couple of hours away. If there are any shops out there willing to sell me one, I'd appreciate it OR if someone knows an alternate, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks, feg

Look at it closely, note how it resembles a Switchcraft. I replace those with Switchcraft jacks. The 3/8 bushing on the Switchcraft is ever so slightly larger than teh Behringer, so I dress the panel hole out just a touch so it fits. If the pc pins are too fat for the holes on the board, file them down a bit. (I use my Dremel with a cutoff wheel)

I don;t remember if it was these or not, but some import jacks have the tip and ring contacts on the opposite sides. All those contacts slide into grooves and snap into place. One can pop them out of a jack and put them in the other side if need be.

As a Behringer service shop I don;t stock them, nor would I order just a jack. I already stock the Switchcrafts, so I use them.

If your jack has 5 legs, then i'll bet my lunch money it is a TRS jack, not a "mono" jack.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you Enzo! I got the "Mono" from the on-line manual but from inspection I did notice that there was no difference between the "active" and "passive" jacks themselves. There is what appears to be a resistor network under the "active" jack which would make sense. I will go with your suggestions. Thanks again!!! feg

Comment

Enzo, my jacks arrived today. I bought 3 types from Mouser and one had the right size terminals. Each had only three terminals verses the five in the original. I had to crack and remove the plastic on the original to remove it with a conventional soldering iron since I couldn't loosen all five terminals. It worked though and I just finished testing the repair. Sounds good as new. Thanks again for the helpful advice! feg

Comment

Sorry I am having the same problem with my passive and active input jacks....Can you tell me the specific switchcraft jacks were able to work with the amp?

Comment

Working...
          X