Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone out there have a schematic for Premier Model 50 from the 1940s? Different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there have a schematic for Premier Model 50 from the 1940s? Different!

Has the following tube compliment:
    7Z4
    7C5
    7F7

Thanks!
    Tim

Premier Model 50 Schematic

Premier Amplifiers – Schematics | HarpAmps

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post

Yeah. I found that, but it is a slightly different amp based on the tube complement.
      Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has this amp. I think the original speaker was a field coil speaker
      (transformer mounted on the frame maybe).

Mine came with a replacement speaker but no output transformer. (I think it was replaced but the replacer did not realize it needed
      to have a Transformer).

Thanks
      Tim

Comment

I know its a long shot since the original post was 10 years ago and Tim hasn't posted anything in 8 years, but does anyone know of a schematic for a 40's Premier 50 with the tub compliment:
        7Z4
        7C5
        7F7

I have a beautiful working version and would like the schematic for future reference. My speaker appears to be original.
        Or, if anyone knows anything about this amp; I can't find much info about it.

Comment

No schematic available that I can find. There may never have been an official schematic published for that amp at all. The best you could hope for (I think) would be a user/owner derived schematic from someone that's familiar with that exact model. Which seems unlikely. The model 50 had MANY incarnations, all with different circuits. Yours may be the first model of them all as speculated in the link below which is a writeup about the model 50 over the years.

You certainly could draw up a schematic for yourself. If you want one then I guess you know how to use one, and therefor read one. If you can read one you can draw one. Just start by drawing the tube sockets knobs and switches and then draw in any connecting components between them. If you DON'T know how to use a schematic and you just want one for a tech in case the amp ever needs service, don't worry about it. Any tech worth hiring won't need a schematic for that amp to work on it.

https://www.jt30.com/premier/model50.html
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Premier's had lots of variation under the same model number as was said. Probably more than Gibson's and ampegs. I will look in Rider's for the schematic but that amp appears to be mid to late 40s using loctals.

Comment

There are only three tubes in it. Drawing up your own schematic should not take very long. I have hand drawn schematic countless times.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X