Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Ampeg B100 power transistors - What are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Ampeg B100 power transistors - What are they?

I'm repairing a solid state Ampeg B100 amplifier and one of the output transistors is shorted between the collector and emitter. The numbers on the T03 part is 7648 and the schematic is a homebrew ampeg part number. Does anybody know of a power transistor that I can use?

That's most likely a manufacturor # but if it's the NPN the MJ-15025 should work and a PNP would be it's compliment MJ-15024. Make sure the emitter resistors aren't open on that blown network and the drivers for that matter.
    KB

Comment

Just a thought, but if you actually include the made up part number, it will be a whole lot easier to look up. 7648 looks like a 1976 date code.

You got those backwards, KB 15024 is NPN. Also MJ15003 are common and would also work.

At this point I would HIGHLY recommend replacing ALL of the outputs, so they will match. i wouldn't count on a modern transistor sharing current well with the old ones.
      Last edited by Enzo; 05-31-2007, 12:00 AM.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        You got those backwards, KB 15024 is NPN. Also MJ15003 are common and would also work.

At this point I would HIGHLY recommend replacing ALL of the outputs, so they will match. i wouldn't count on a madren transistor sharing current well with the old ones.
        Thanks Enzo, I crossed it to NTE and wrote it down as 388 instead of 68 which is it's compliment. I did exactly like you said in a DCM 600 just changing the bad one and it didn't like just one transistor and two fried so that is a great tip.
        KB

Comment

In my unit were a TIP35A and TIP36A

Comment

Working...
          X