(Can) multi capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Can) multi capacitors

Hey can someone tell me what this cap is and what to replace it with. I know it is a multi capacitor I just don,t know if it is a 2 or three position!? It came out of an old Electromuse Model 10 A amp ok here is what it says on it ,, Motorola TYPE FP it has a patent number then 15 350 and a square next line 10 350 and a triangle next line 20 25 below that it has a FC below that 23A17738 SO if anyone can tell me what to replace it with and where to find one, I would appreciate it very much.

Originally posted by RitzRed View Post
    Hey can someone tell me what this cap is and what to replace it with. I know it is a multi capacitor I just don,t know if it is a 2 or three position!? It came out of an old Electromuse Model 10 A amp ok here is what it says on it ,, Motorola TYPE FP it has a patent number then 15 350 and a square next line 10 350 and a triangle next line 20 25 below that it has a FC below that 23A17738 SO if anyone can tell me what to replace it with and where to find one, I would appreciate it very much.
    My guess us that it has 3 caps. 15uf @ 350v, 10uf @350v, and 20uf @ 25v. You can use individual caps. If you want it to look original, you can hollow out the can and mount them inside with hot glue. Or.. Fliptops may have a direct replacement.

Comment

thanks right now I just want to make it work. I, ve n oticed on the newer caps don,t have a positive or negitive side does it make a difference what side of the cap goes to the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by RitzRed View Post
        thanks right now I just want to make it work. I, ve n oticed on the newer caps don,t have a positive or negitive side does it make a difference what side of the cap goes to the ground?
        Unless they are specified as non-polarized. Electrolytic caps have a positive and negative side. The negative side may just be marked with a long stripe on the side of the cap.

Comment

thanks that helps

Comment

Btw... If you hook power supply filter caps up backwards they will explode. Make sure you are certain of the orientation.

Comment

good to know thanks

Comment

Working...
              X