No announcement yet.

Bridge Pickup Too Bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh for craps sake. Wind with more tension an increase the scatter a bit. That'll take care if some of the harshness. Try even coils and see if you like that and if the highs are too subdued wind the slug a few hundred turns more than the screw coil.

Comment

Welcome back!
      This Thread is over 2 years old.
      I hope he fixed it by now.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Hobbyist winder & winding 10k of 42 gauge wire on 2 bobbins .It's not an easy task & I don't think there is room for scatter if i remember correctly ..but i could be wrong ..
        Welcome back
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I had a hard time getting the Frankenstrat 9.4k wind, on some bobbins.
          10k should be very full, on most bobbins.
          You could get 10k on the bigger GuitarPartsUSA bobbins, but they were taller and wider.
          They just barely fit on a baseplate.
          T
          Last edited by big_teee; 02-11-2015, 07:28 PM.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Another consideration not mentioned is the steel parts. Experiment with different screws and slugs - 1010, 1018, 1022 etc. Metal matters.
            Bobby, www.TysonTone.com

Comment

Working...
            X