Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selmer treble & bass 50 reverb

Hi
    Just got my hands on a selmer treble & bass 50 reverb all works fine apart from the reverb, yeah rev. not working.
    I had a good look inside, and I can tell that someone before me done some work on it, badly.
    I changed the power caps and a few coupling caps, but I cant figured out whats wrong with rev.
    however i noticed that the reverb valve(12AX7) didn't light up so i rewire the valve as it should, I fought, but nothing, initial pin 9 wasn't connected.
    I also rewired the reverb valve, still not seen reverb no where. When I use the foot switch it makes a big noise.
    I thing after all I'm not that clever, ahh, ahh.
    Can someone shed some light on this subject.
    The pictures of the internals that i see are not clear to me.

Thanks

No much to go on with this, torp.
    Can you identify an appropriate schematic on Bargain Bin Heaven Amp Schematics - Airline Garnet Gretsch Hagstrom Kalamazoo Kay Magnatone Selmer Silvertone Supro
    Maybe http://www.webphix.com/schematic%20h...everbsv50w.pdf
    And it would be helpful if you could post some detailed photos of the relevant areas.
    Pete
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

hi

Hi.
      Have look at the drawing and see if that makes sense to you.
      CheersClick image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-30 13.12.14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	827510

Comment

A few quick points. I don't see any signal connection to the reverb drive tube input (V3 pin 7). Maybe you have left it off the drawing.

The foot switch probably should ground the signal at the wiper of the reverb pot.

What is the filament voltage, 6 volts or 12 volts? If it is wired only to pins 4 and 5 it must be 12 volts.

Where does the return signal from the tank go to?

Comment

Hi and thanks for your replay.
          No I didn't left pin 3 off the drawing thats it.
          FOOT SWITCH ALL THERE , UNTOUCHED.
          Fil voltages measured to ground 2.9v and 2.9v AC respectively.
          RETURN SIGNAL FROM THE TANK ALL THERE, UNTOUCHED.
          CHEERS

Comment

Originally posted by torp View Post
            Fil voltages measured to ground 2.9v and 2.9v AC respectively.
            What type of tube is V3? I was assuming that it was a 12AX7 maybe it is some other type.

Comment

yeah 12ax7 all away trough

Comment

On A lot of British amps the effect doesn't work if there is no jack in the footswitch socket (i.e. a switching jack shorts the signal to ground)

Try putting a jack in the socket. Do you still get the big noise?

What sort of big noise? Hum?
                If so check the resistance of the output coil of the reverb tank - should be < 200R. If it's open circuit thats probably where your hum is coming from.

The reverb tanks on these amps are pretty crappy, mounted on highly perishable rubber stand offs.

Comment

Originally posted by torp View Post
                  hi

Hi.
                  Have look at the drawing and see if that makes sense to you.
                  Cheers[ATTACH=CONFIG]21069[/ATTACH]
                  can't see where the reverb return is on your drawing, ie where it connects back in.

Comment

Working...
                  X