Boss DD-3 Repair Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DD-3 Repair Help

I have a Boss DD-3 Digital Delay pedal that has recently started acting strange. If the Effect Level or the Feedback Level are turned up more than 1, a positive feedback thing happens and the delay gets louder and louder, out of control until I step on the switch. Any ideas on what could be causing this are much appreciated.

Originally posted by rhaigh View Post
    If the Effect Level or the Feedback Level are turned up more than 1, a positive feedback thing happens and the delay gets louder and louder
    I'm not sure that you use the right term here,it's more like a sudden "hold"..."positive feedback" means something else in layman's terms!
    Anyway,I got the idea.For a start,you could try cleaning the suspect pot (spray the inside of it with an appropriate pot cleaner and rotate the shaft a few times in both directions).If the effect persists,you could also measure the pot as it might be defective.To do that,you'll have to unsolder the wires BUT remember wich wire goes on what pot's leg,as to put them back as they were.
    If none of the above helps,report back here and we'll see.
    HTH!
    Regards,
    Le Basseur

Comment

DDL-3 help

Its the Pots or you ran a hot line into it You might have to replace the pots if something like "Detox"spray cleaner wont get it out.

Comment

Working...
      X