It is SO Quiet now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is SO Quiet now.

Where the heck is everyone? There ought to be a lot more posts in general than are happening at the moment. Maybe it is the holiday season, or not. Is everyone pre-occupied with other things? I am amazed at the lack of general user response to current posts at this time.
    www.sonnywalton.com
    How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Check.

Comment

mic check?

Seems like the server is down 1/2 the time so maybe all the "cool kids" went back to the old firebottle forum?
      http://www.firebottle.com/fireforum/...=pmgd&enter=go

Comment

I'm away working ,but I still check in every day
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Testies... Testies... One, two, Three?

Sorry. That's how I use to do my mic check when I gigged. The band mates got real tired of it but those that hadn't heard it alway got a laugh.

I did notice the same lack of participation. It seems to correlate with higher holiday sales. I'll attribute the season. I've been less vigilant than usual due to a project I'm behind on. On that front I'm sure I'm not alone.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I don't post much but still check in all the time, I thought you guys moved.

Comment

I'm spinning lots of plates, atm. That's good right? Anyone else seeing the holiday traffic already? Started about 2 weeks ago for me all out of nowhere.

Comment

I have a lot of work to do! Got backed up a bit with the storm.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Busy, busy, busy

ken
                  www.angeltone.com

Comment

I've been building a Tele style guitar so I can install the set of P-90s I wound...my first shot with them.
                    It's my also my first build in my new shop. It's great to be back at it.

So it's been a great start to learning how to wind. I completed two sets of Strat singles, one Tele set-
                    and the P-90s (if they work). I have the parts ready to attempt two mini-humbuckers. They will be my
                    first try at double coils. Not sure what style of guitar I'll build for them- maybe a Melody Maker. I use to have
                    a '59 that I set-up for slide...so yeah, probably that.

Building the guitars for the pickups is why I'm so slow Sonny and probably another month before I know
                    if the P-90s are any good. Nice to look forward to.

I just applied your fretboard oil for the first time, on Ebony and it's very nice. It'll be what I use.

Best to all,
                    Michael

Comment

I've been building up a few parts guitars lately myself, Michael so I know how that goes. I have several in various stages of completion. Here they are. I just need to make one humbucker (that I haven't figured out what I want to use yet) for the neck pickup of the Ibanez looking one to the left, and maybe it will be done in time for Christmas. The bridge pickup on it is in the style of L500/Dimebucker/X2N and the middle is a strat sized humbucker. The strat looking one to the right is also nearing completion. The other two have a very long way to go. Glad to hear you liked the oil.

I am also glad to hear so many of you are very busy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	827554
                      www.sonnywalton.com
                      How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

It's my first at posting pictures here.
                        This will be my first guitar with pickups that I made.
                        No idea how it will sound so very excited and anxious.

Comment

Working...
                        X