Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT -4 Pro distorted output on both amplifiers

Hi All.
    I have this amp for repair. Fx send out gives good, clear signal. The power amplifiers are both giving a distorted signal. Looking at the schematic of the power amps, I get clean signal up until IC1. IC1 pins 1 & 7 are both distorted.
    NOW, I can't seem to figure out exactly the arrangement and workings of the circuitry surrounding IC1. Anyone?
    My question however is: Can a faulty mosfet in the output stage, or faulty driver transistors cause me to see a distorted waveform on the output pins of IC1??
    Attached Files

Yes, IC1 is part of a feedback loop along with the driver and output stages. If there's a problem with any stage, you'll see distortion at every stage as the feedback tries to compensate for the problem.

Given that both channels are showing a problem, the first thing to do is check the things common to both channels. Supply rails?
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Hi Steve.
      Thanx for your reply.
      So what you're sayin is that the probability of the culprit being IC1, is vey low. Correct?

Comment

No, I said that you can't tell which part of the loop is causing the problem from a casual inspection. Could be IC1, could be something else.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Steve suggested the supply rails. Are BOTH low voltage power supplies up to voltage and clean? For that matter are BOTH high voltage power supplies up to voltage and clean? Nothing works if its power supply isn't right.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Will check supply rails today

Comment

Working...
            X