Electromuse Model 10 A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electromuse Model 10 A

I am looking for a schematic for an old electromuse model 10 A amp. I have one I am rebuilding as I replace parts I think I put the tubes back in the wrong places because once I replaced the multi can cap and plugged it in the rectifier tube seemed to be shorting out it had blue flames or shorts going on. I found a few schemo,s that look about the same but they have different tubes so if anyone knows where I can find one or maybe what I did wrong.Any Ideas or help will be appriceated thanks

Originally posted by RitzRed View Post
    I am looking for a schematic for an old electromuse model 10 A amp. I have one I am rebuilding as I replace parts I think I put the tubes back in the wrong places because once I replaced the multi can cap and plugged it in the rectifier tube seemed to be shorting out it had blue flames or shorts going on. I found a few schemo,s that look about the same but they have different tubes so if anyone knows where I can find one or maybe what I did wrong.Any Ideas or help will be appriceated thanks
    I could use the schematic for this amp. Did you ever find one? Or what were the similar ones you mentioned?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Electromuse10Alayoutv1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	852828
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Electromuse10Aschematicv1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	852829
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks!

Interesting design, I don't think I've seen phase inversion done quite like that like that before.

Comment

I don't see a working circuit there at all. I mean, it might work, but makes no sense.
          One power tube just has input grounded, so it would act like a single ended amp, I would think. That would be pointless.
          Edit: never mind, had not seen this circuit before, my mistake.
          Last edited by g1; 01-25-2019, 01:00 AM.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

No, the input isn't grounded, the grid is grounded. That leaves the stage cathode driven. The cathode is the input. The signal varying voltage through the cathode of the other side varies the voltage across the cathode resistor, which in turn varies the voltage at the cathode of the mystery side. That works against the grounded grid to put signal through the tube. Think Music Man.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              I don't see a working circuit there at all. I mean, it might work, but makes no sense.
              One power tube just has input grounded, so it would act like a single ended amp, I would think. That would be pointless.
              It's not single ended. It's a "self split" push pull output stage. One grid is grounded and the common cathode resistor isn't bypassed making it work like a long tail pair PI

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                It's not single ended. It's a "self split" push pull output stage. One grid is grounded and the common cathode resistor isn't bypassed making it work like a long tail pair PI
                Absolutely...! Think old Magnatone amps (Model 109 if my memory serves me). In the Magnatone amp the signal from the screen grid of one of the output tubes is fed back to the control grid of the other one, creating phase inversion. This technique was used in older radios in the interests of tube economy.
                MUSICTRONICS
                Electronics for the Music Industry

Comment

Oops.
                  Thanks for the correction and explanations. I was looking for an 'input' elsewhere and had not seen this type of 'self-split' push-pull before. I saw the cathode but did not pay attention to the lack of bypass cap. It did not occur to me that it would serve as an input unbypassed like that.
                  So why bother with PI circuits then? There must be some major drawback to this design?
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    So why bother with PI circuits then? There must be some major drawback to this design?
                    I think it's low output power.

I wonder how well it would work as a low power option on a cathode biased amp?
                    Use a double pole switch to ground one grid and disconnect the cathode bypass cap.

Comment

Working...
                    X