Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallien Krueger MB 115 (110V) Schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallien Krueger MB 115 (110V) Schematic?

Hey everybody, this is my first post here. I'm helping a friend get his one year old Gallien Krueger MB 115 repaired. The amp was bought in the US but is now being used in India. He plugged it into the mains using a step down transformer (220/110) but something ended up shorting in the amp. With the help of another friend who's really good with audio electronics, we've opened it up and found a few different parts in the power section shorted. Replacing them doesn't help as they short again when plugged into power. Cold tests are not showing a short so we're finding it difficult to trace the source of the problem. It would be really helpful if we could get a schematic to debug this problem - does anybody have one or know how to get one? Gallien Krueger doesn't have authorized service centres in India so we need to do this ourselves. Thanks!

I had problems two years ago with one of his MBE series amplifiers here in Spain and I requested by email a copy of the schemes and they send it to me without problems. Have you tried to ask them?

Comment

When transistors short, they often burn out resistors as they go. If you replace the bad transistors, the burnt open resistors remain, and that causesd the new parts to fail. Just one possible schenario.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredenando View Post
        I had problems two years ago with one of his MBE series amplifiers here in Spain and I requested by email a copy of the schemes and they send it to me without problems. Have you tried to ask them?
        Just did that. Although, I have to confess I first posted here before I thought of doing that Thanks though..

Comment

MB115 schematics

Here are some MB115 schematics.
          Let me know if you need additional ones.
          Attached Files

Comment

Please re-post the schematics. The ones above are gone.

Comment

Gallien Krueger MB 115 schematics

206-0521-A_50asx2.pdf206-0520-A7.pdf
              Originally posted by rf7 View Post
              Please re-post the schematics. The ones above are gone.

Comment

Those did not work as we need to change the file size somehow or attach the file by way of zip folder. The new uploads will point back to the old files that existed.
                I have only the preamp section but here it is...
                Attached Files
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Maybe can be this??

Gallien Krueger MB115 ICEPower

Gallien Krueger MB115 Preamp
                  Last edited by Fredenando; 04-19-2015, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I could not open the page, let alone a file.

Comment

Thanks mucho DrGonz78!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                        I could not open the page, let alone a file.
                        Sorry, I made a mistake when inserting the links ... my apologies !!!

I've already corrected.

Comment

Thankyou.

Comment

Where is the power amp schematic, all I get is a block diagram and layout.
                            It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                              Where is the power amp schematic, all I get is a block diagram and layout.
                              I am not sure I understand this correctly, but here I go... From what I gather is that the ICE Power module is something that GK did not design directly and just had them installed as the power amp section of this amp. I might be wrong but if that ice power 50 ASx2 is the correct board for the power amp, then I might be right. Perhaps other members on the forum will have direct experience of this issue. Anyhow here is the manual for the ice power 50 ASx2, which might prove to be useful.
                              Attached Files
                              When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
                              X