Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Wart On /Off Switches

Hi,
    Just a quick question: I just bought a new mic preamp that has no on / off switch. GRRRR. Has anyone run up against this inconvenience and how did they sovle it?
    I was thinking about a one port plug adapter w/ an on-off switch. The one I found on-line seems a little chintzy. Does it matter? Thanks....

Why does it need a power switch? Unless it has tubes in it cooking along, it draws almost no power from the wall.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. It is a Studio Projects vtb-1 . It has a starved plate tube circuit, but the real issue is convenience. Turning the amp on and off as needed by pulling the wall-wart out of the "ganged power strip / conditioner is a drag. There are 1-plug adapters with an on-off switch for sale but I am unsure whether they would create RFI problems.

Comment

How about it's own switched power bar? Probably no more expensive than a switched wall-wart.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Not to belabor it, but why turn it off at all? I mean I am all for saving energy, but when low power things lack power switches, maybe they don;t need one. It won;t run up the power bill, it won;t make noises if the amplifiers are off.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Not to belabor it, but Enzo is correct again.
            Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Thanks one and all for your input.

Comment

Working...
              X