• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schematic ICEpower 1000asp

please send schematic ICE power 1000asp

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t28478/
    This thread had absolutely no replies.
    Have you tried contacting Bang & Olufsen?

Comment

I just worked on something with one of those in it, can;t recall what. If I knew, we might get documents that way too.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, there is a chinese copy of it. I found it in a Superlux subwoofer. It is a true clone, but lacks quality though.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by paleeman; 02-01-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

lacks quality
          Just curious, what does this mean ?
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

In picture #3, the cap on the right side of the board is crooked?
            Is this a test?

Comment

Mr. Fahey, what I was trying to say is, that the copy amp works, let's say, fine, electro-acoustically. It provides the required power and sound quality, with acceptable noise. But the quality of the components, and the PCB, are far, far from the original. I came to this conclusion after comparing it side by side with the original ICE Power. That is what I mean when I say "lacks quality" Maybe, there is a better way to put it...in a four letter word...but I have manners.
              Last edited by paleeman; 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Dear JPB, it is not a test. I have posted this, to make a point. And my point is, schematic or no schematic, the chinese reverse engineers can copy everything. Even the 3 layer PCB did not cause them any trouble. The amp is a 100% exact replica of ICE Power.

BTW, I did not notice that the capacitor is crooked. Another sign of "quality" ?

Comment

Thanks.
                  I thought you were referring to something else.
                  By the way, I have a *strong* suspicion that no proprietary Tech information is safe in China.
                  No matter what kind of contract is signed by the OEM manufacturer.
                  Meaning: we are also guilty of happily exchanging (and even posting) "Proprietary/not to be disclosed" schematics and service manuals, which is "de facto" tolerated because the worst damage that can be done is that some non authorized guy repairs something instead of the Authorized Service Center.
                  No big deal or damage for the Company involved.
                  None of us is going to start manufacturing Behringer/B52/Apple/Sony/you name it stuff at home, no matter how much Service Data we have.
                  But the Chinese will, because they have the Factories, the parts, and most important, the Capital and even more: The Market (which would be us).
                  I bet those guys know where to source parts from, and, "just did it".
                  Yes, they will go as cheap as possible, of course.
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                  X