Grill cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill cloth

Does anyone know a good source for low price grill cloth? Paying $30+ for a yard of grill cloth is ridic. Any other suggestions are appreciated!
    Happiness. Only real when shared.

In short you can use most materials that are hefty enough. Just grill cloth is more pleasing and allows sound to easily pass allowing the air to flow better then a tight weave. You can use a flag or try to find on CL or ebay Type in Discount grill cloth and see what ya get..
    You haven't posted the type of cloth you are looking for either?
    Bugera 333XL 212 Combo 2009 Factory Mod KT-77"'s JJ ECC83S
    Roland Cube 20
    Schecter BlackJack SLS C1 SD Blackouts
    Martin DX1AE Acoustic
    Bad Monkey OD
    Line 6 M9 Stompbox
    Behringer EQ700
    Live Wire Cables

Comment

Burlap sack (almost kidding - depends on the look you're going for)

Comment

Well I am building a 1x10 cabinet that is dovetailed walnut. I want either like cane, silver, basically anything that will look good with the natural walnut. Do you guys know if you can get cane (the stuff used for chairs) from hardware stores or anything? I like the mesa cabs with cane, and if I could I would prefer not to order something. This cab so far has been completely free (A relative had a whole walnut tree made into lumber) so I am trying to be as thrifty as possible, mostly for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hella1hella View Post
          ...I am trying to be as thrifty as possible, mostly for fun.
          Maybe look for cloth remnants at a fabric or upholstery store or salvage some cloth from old clothing, curtains etc.
          You could also salvage grill cloth from old speaker cabs or HiFi consoles.

Comment

That's what I might do when I find some time, just trying to find some transparent, yet durable material. It looks like the woodcraft store sells that cane material, so maybe ill go the boogie route and try that stuff out.

Comment

Try these guys for "cane".I've gotten it from them for Boogie cabs.Constantines Wood Center - Woodworking Supplies and Tools - 1-954-561-1716

Comment

I use 1/4 "square mesh screen sometimes and spray paint it black. Very extremely durable for monitors and such. Looks professional, is dirt cheap, totally transparent, and very gig worthy.

Comment

They call that stuff "hardware cloth" at the home centers and lumber yards.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Does anyone know a good source for low price grill cloth? Paying $30+ for a yard of grill cloth is ridic. Any other suggestions are appreciated!
                    What does your cabinet and it's covering look like?
                    When I was building all my own cabinets, I would buy an entire bolt of grill cloth.... I have scraps all over the place.
                    Bruce

Mission Amps
                    Denver, CO. 80022
                    www.missionamps.com
                    303-955-2412

Comment

I've found attractive and appropriate material at the goodwill store. I think the last one I used was from an old, but clean, sofa cover. I'll see if I can find a pic.

here it is. If memory serves, what you see was actually the inside of the sofa cover. I got the whole cover for about $2 and did two similar cabs with it.

~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Antique Electronic Supply
                        Well you get ya some of that hardware cloth,
                        and pour beer on it, and let it soak in, and then allow to dry, thoroughly...
                        this christens your grill cloth.

Comment

Working...
                        X