Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp build documentation

Hi,

I love to follow other people's amp builds online so I decided to make a documantation of one of my own builds. So far it's only the cabs but more will come. I think it's better to post a link so I don't flood the forum with pics:

Amp Project

enjoy!

Awesome Cabs! Looking forward to the next steps.

Comment

Sweet fancy Moses! That is awesome. Great design and great photos of the process. Thanks.

BTW - you won me over at 'countersunk t nuts'...

Comment

... thanks. it's great fun doing this build, making no shortcuts of any kind. I still learn a lot with every new amp build.

Comment

That's beautiful work. You're very skilled at this, Congrats!
          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
          - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by stormbringer View Post
            you won me over at 'countersunk t nuts'...
            And hand cut dovetails. Awesome!
            Thanks for posting such a great record of the build process.
            Tom

Comment

Wow! Really nice work. I know how hard it can be to do dovetails by hand (I use a router and a jig nowadays) but yours are too nice to cover up with tolex. Have to admit though, that tolex looks very classy. Going to keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

Thanks! The dovetails turned out quite nice but the wood itself isn't that pretty. I have another amp build to complete and a couple of repairs but I hope that I can get back to this amp real soon.

Comment

Top Notch! More.
                  It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Nice looking work indeed. I am starting my first scratch build, although I will be using an older Fender solid state Princeton cab. Tell me, how did you cut the hole in the chassis for the power transformer? I can only think of drilling holes and then using a sabre saw. Yours looks way too neat for that.

Comment

Would like to know that too...

Comment

Working...
                      X