Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 2, eh? Subscribed! Fun thread. I usually read the update via email from my phone while here or there, so I read more than I reply, but I enjoy watching you guys and your daily adventures. I'll try to contribute more here this time.

As I said in another thread today, today wasn't about what's on my bench buy what's off of it. I've been working in the shipping/receiving area a great deal. Heck, I'm running out of parts! …of course vendors/manufacturers are slow to respond this time of year too.

I'm getting closet and closer to independence through self-made parts though, which is a major goal of mine. Full control over materials, tolerances, design, etc. Nothing like it. Not quite there yet, but making progress down that road.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
      Rob, you probably only have to enlarge the outside two holes to make everything fit. That is all I end up drilling.
      Good to know Sonny. Thanks!

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      On the plated covers, I take a dremel tool and a sanding disk, and thin the inside of the cover.
      Especially over the slug area.
      E,A, B,E
      T
      Thanks for the tip Terry but that's just too much screwing around for me.

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      Have you ever noticed Nickel plated covers are magnetic & bare nickel covers are not
      I cant say that I've checked them to see if they're attracted to a magnet.
      I have some 50mm nickel covers coming. I'll slip one over a pickup and if the Q takes a big dive I'll send them back and polish the bare nickel covers myself.

Comment

Hey Fellow winders.
        It's 42F degrees here, and I'm about to freeze.
        I got used to global warming and the heat!
        Still messing with my So called Modified PAF Set!
        What's new?
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Hey Fellow winders.
          It's 42F degrees here, and I'm about to freeze.
          I got used to global warming and the heat!
          Still messing with my So called Modified PAF Set!
          What's new?
          Actually -40f is -40c
          thats where they are even
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Actually -40f is -40c
            thats where they are even
            Its +42f here, or 5.5C and I'm still cold.
            What do you have tonight? there in BC?
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Its +42f here, or 5.5C and I'm still cold.
              What do you have tonight? there in BC?
              Here in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta it's warmed up a bit it's -17C now ........ T-shirt weather

Comment

Here in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta it's warmed up a bit it's -17C now ........ T-shirt weather
                I guess that depends on how many T-shirts. If you tried to play guitar outside in that I bet your fingers would still stick to the strings.
                www.sonnywalton.com
                How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Someone dropped off a '73 Strat bridge pickup tonight with a broken start wire at the eyelet. Gonna try and sneak a turn off the bottom. I just hope it doesn't have any internal shorts any where. Of course it just might after I get done with it

Comment

Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                    Someone dropped off a '73 Strat bridge pickup tonight with a broken start wire at the eyelet. Gonna try and sneak a turn off the bottom. I just hope it doesn't have any internal shorts any where. Of course it just might after I get done with it
                    I've tried that on several, and it never works out for me.
                    I hope you have better luck.
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

T
                      You could always blame it on the Mayan Calendar if it doesn't work. Just saying.
                      www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

T
                        Well..... for those interested. Final readings @ ~68*f = 5.65k/L= 2.12 Henries.
                        Gauss is strong. 850 on the shorter rods and up to 1,075 on the D and G magnets.
                        Bobbin height = .436"

No shorts!
                        Pre-heating helps a lot with the lacquer dipped coils too.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                          You could always blame it on the Mayan Calendar if it doesn't work. Just saying.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	29336784.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	827714

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21405[/ATTACH]
                            Agreed there are still two and a half hours left in the Last Day, but here in Dallas, the temperature is currently 49F. It is going to take some major themonuclear energy reaction to get this 6x 10-24KG of mass of earth up to 1250F in that time. I forget my thermo equations at the moment but it seems improbable. It was also today a so called Triple Witching Friday on Wall Street (which could have possibly rivaled the end of the world for some) but there was only minor damage done to my IRA in the range of 1% and it seems now to be of a temporary nature. The fiscal cliff negotiations did seem to break down though. Also most of the true Mayans will probably have a big hangover tomorrow from their parties today, according to my sources. About the worst thing I have seen today was the forum being down a while and my pool pump stopped up three times from leaves blown in by the wind last night. My brother in law did have a few big trees blown down in his back yard that messed up his fence.

However, the Mayans only said that it would be the end of the 13th Bak'tun, which is the end of an era. It is unfortunately looking to me like the 14th Bak'tun might already be ushering in a different political and religious era. Just Saying.
                            Last edited by SonnyW; 12-22-2012, 03:35 AM.
                            www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                              Well..... for those interested. Final readings @ ~68*f = 5.65k/L= 2.12 Henries.
                              Gauss is strong. 850 on the shorter rods and up to 1,075 on the D and G magnets.
                              Bobbin height = .436"

No shorts!
                              Pre-heating helps a lot with the lacquer dipped coils too.
                              Lucky You.
                              www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Is it safe to come out of the fallout shelter ? ......No reply means everyone is toast

Comment

Working...
                                X