This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
    Is it safe to come out of the fallout shelter ? ......No reply means everyone is toast
    at -17C I think you have a little more time than the rest of us Craig.
    www.sonnywalton.com
    How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

I'm Still Kicking!
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

OK so Texas (Check) Arkansas (Check) Alberta BC (Check) how about NSW? it is past the date line there IMO.
        www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Well it seems like the land of OZ is either toast and we haven't heard yet, or else they are all just sleeping like normal humans instead of late night pickup makers. Somehow, I bet they are A-OK there too. 29 minutes left to go on this Last Day.
          www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

It's already way into tomorrow, in OZ Land!
            I guess it is summer there, or getting close.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Hey I tested my bridge pickup on the long leg base.
              It sounds a little thin on the high notes.
              Gonna tear it apart tomorrow, and try a couple dif. bobbins I have spun up.
              T
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                Lucky You.
                I'll agree with ya on that Sonny. One of the rod magnets was actually able to slide up and down a little in the flat work. I was expecting a dead pickup or a short to one of the poles at the very least.

Comment

Agreed there are still two and a half hours left in the Last Day, but here in Dallas, the temperature is currently 49F. It is going to take some major themonuclear energy reaction to get this 6x 10-24KG of mass of earth up to 1250F in that time. I forget my thermo equations at the moment but it seems improbable.
                  All it would take is impact the size of the body whose impact caused the Moon. From the coalescence of the resulting molten rock. A very bad hair day it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
                    All it would take is impact the size of the body whose impact caused the Moon. From the coalescence of the resulting molten rock. A very bad hair day it was.
                    I hope that kind of bad hair day doesn't come again for many moons.
                    www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

I hope that kind of bad hair day doesn't come again for many moons.
                      Their were people on the news that were actually disappointed that the world didn't heat up and come crashing down.
                      I hope nobody jumped off a bridge in Lieu of!
                      My Bobbin rework on the Long leg base plate was a success.
                      Been messing with some overwound Strat Bridge SCs.
                      Tried to entice them into using Mini Baby Bucker Rails.
                      They wouldn't hear to it!
                      Mailing the SCs out tomorrow.
                      You guys been working on anymore of that neat vintage Gear?
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

"Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year", Forum Members!
                        Terry
                        Terry

Comment

Worked on a Blue tele Today.
                          Made and installed a covered PAF style Neck bucker in a blue Pearl Pick guard.
                          Installed a SD Lil 59 in the bridge.
                          changed out the Pots and cap.
                          Put in a 500k Volume Pot, and a 1 Meg Tone Pot.
                          The customer likes the way the 1 meg lets you roll more of the tone cap off.
                          It all worked real slick, and sounded great on my 2204 Clone.
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

It's Been Too Quiet!

What is everyone up too.
                            It's been Scary Quiet around here.
                            Especially since the Last Malware Event.
                            I've been experimenting with an over wound 43 Gauge A5 Strat Bridge Pickup.
                            Mine should be somewhere in the 11k turn range.
                            Maybe not as bassy as the 42 ga model, sounds pretty good though.
                            On future versions may stagger the magnets a little different to compensate.
                            What has the rest of you Guys and Gals been up to?
                            T
                            Terry

Comment

I haven't been on here that much, still getting the site blocked by my browser. Today I just clicked the ignore this warning button to post this. It has been pretty quiet in my shop too. I have made 4 humbuckers for stock since the first of the year, that is all. I also have been doing end of the year stuff like checking up on my inventory levels, and replenishing stock. Along with that I have been working on my website a little or just doing other stuff around the house. Since the holidays, I have got a few small orders for strings and capacitors and one for ordering a speaker for an amp. There are about three or so customers that are asking info like they want to get pickups made, but they haven't placed their orders yet, and no guitars are in the shop right now. Maybe they are waiting to recover from Christmas spending. I guess it will pick back up after a while, and I have kind of been enjoying the break.
                              www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Got to knock down a bunch of timber yet before I do any winding ........Can't wait
                                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
                                X