Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'68 Sonaro with matching 212 cabinet. Any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '68 Sonaro with matching 212 cabinet. Any interest?

Click image for larger version

Name:	049.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	867014Click image for larger version

Name:	050.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	867015

Have decided to sell this rig. did not see a classified section so hope this is OK. What i know about this amp is the following:

Chassis is dated 1968. 40 watts. Believe this was originally a combo amp so the chassis has been re-housed in a head cabinet. Everything works as it should. Bought from a local shop who specializes in vintage gear. Amp sounds just like you would expect an amp from this era should. Tubes are a year old with very little time on them.

Not sure of cabinet vintage but believe early '70's. Speakers are not original (MCM 55-1745) however I do have the original Sunn transducers but one of them is not functional. Not sure if it can be repaired.
    Value of these amps has been hard to determine. given what i paid for it a couple years ago i'd like to get around $800.00 obo plus shipping. Really would prefer to sell both amp and cab as a set. let me know what you think and i'll be happy to answer any questions best I can.
    Last edited by tboy; 12-20-2012, 07:51 PM. Reason: fixed attachment code

The speaker cabinet is pretty rare, a 212S. Probably only available from 1970 to 1972 or 73. Is it 15 inches deep like the 1x15 cabinets of that era? Is it an open back cabinet or sealed? What kind of covering does the amp top have?
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
      The speaker cabinet is pretty rare, a 212S. Probably only available from 1970 to 1972 or 73. Is it 15 inches deep like the 1x15 cabinets of that era? Is it an open back cabinet or sealed? What kind of covering does the amp top have?

Cabinet is a 212 S per the tag on the back. It is 11.5" deep. The cabinet is one third open with panels at top and bottom and open in the middle. The head is covered with standard looking tolex and is a pretty good match to the cabinet. The shop I bought it from actually built the head enclosure specifically to fit this speaker cabinet which I already owned. I can post more pics if you like.

Comment

Working...
      X