A Bass for my Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bass for my Daughter

If anyone's interested I'll post pictures of the progress.

Nice choice of wood! What is the scale length?
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

It's a 34" scale. It was her choice to style it after a RD. The piece of African mahogany that the body came from was huge ~15" wide x 17 ft long.

I'm an inlay rookie. This is my first try. The neck is almost done.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's coming along. The other guitar is one I'm building for myself. It'll have strat pickups.

Comment

Wow, cool. I just discovered this area down at the bottom of the forum menu.

My woodworking skills are so limited. my level is to take a flat plank and two cinder blocks...voila, shelf. So I enjoy watching others who have genuine skill.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It sure does look good so far. I will be interested in seeing the final outcome! Mike.

Comment

Wow, cool. I just discovered this area down at the bottom of the forum menu.
              I think it's a neat idea. I'm always interested in what other's are working on.

My woodworking skills are so limited. my level is to take a flat plank and two cinder blocks...voila, shelf. So I enjoy watching others who have genuine skill.
              Thanks Enzo, I wish I had a fraction of your technical skills. Also, the hippie shelf that you described is a proven design.

It sure does look good so far. I will be interested in seeing the final outcome! Mike
              Thanks, It won't be too long now. She's anxious!

I haven't had much time lately, but I did get the finish started. I'll do the fretwork next, and let this dry for a few days before I spray the topcoat. I'm debating whether or not to dye the fingerboard black. It'll be getting a P-Bass style pickup, and bridge.

Comment

It's going together. I made a pickguard, and installed the pickup today.

Comment

Wow!!! Great work!! Been watching your work since just before X-mas!! No rush my friend plz take all the time it takes to get it right. My post is to ask if you dyed the fretboard black??? I think you did and it looks great!! If you didn't then just leave it alone as it looks GREAT!
                  When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                    Wow!!! Great work!! Been watching your work since just before X-mas!! No rush my friend plz take all the time it takes to get it right. My post is to ask if you dyed the fretboard black??? I think you did and it looks great!! If you didn't then just leave it alone as it looks GREAT!
                    Thanks Man! I'm only waiting on the tuners to arrive to finish this thing. They should be here any time.

Comment

They came in the mail today.

Comment

That looks sharp... very nice!
                        My Builds:
                        5E3 Deluxe Build
                        5F1 Champ Build
                        6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous. respect. I was going to suggest a musicmaster! (shorter scale) as I thought yu were after suggestions.. but as a wood-dude myself: that is special.

Dad of the Year?

Comment

Working...
                          X