shure in-ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shure in-ears

I have the entry level set. The P2 system. I'm struggling w using it. The limiter is annoying. I can't get my vocal loud enough in my ears. I play in a blues rock band at about 90db volume in venues. Maybe its the foam earbuds that are allowing too much leakage and causing me to not hear just my mic clear enough. Signal chain is mic-receiver-PA//in-ears. Any thoughts, suggestions? Maybe I need to use sensaphonics silicone molded ear buds?

I don't know if this is possible (jack type and such) but have you tried just standard cheapie ear buds? I recently started playing drums again and get excellent isolation with the $20 pair of skull candy's sold at Best Buy.
    -Mike

Comment

Those ear buds that come with the P2 system really do suck. I'd advise buying a set of dual drivers at minimum, but my lead singer uses those buds with an outboard eq and has no problem with them. Serious in ear users go all out and get custom molded buds. I tried lots of brand buds and ended up with triple drivers, but could have probably saved money, but sacrificed for quality, if I had just used an eq myself. I now use both and usually happy with the sound.

As for the limiter, your going to have to experiment with both volume controls, transmitter and receiver until it sounds good. For sure start with getting the transmitter led where the yellow light comes on only occaisionally, THEN, adjust the receiver for ear bud volume.

Comment

There are two kinds of earbuds. The kind that sit in your ear, and the kind with a rubbery nozzle that wedges right into your earhole. These give much better isolation, and are what you want for in-ear monitoring. They are available from several makers. I have a pair of Sennheisers, a lot cheaper than the dual and triple driver type, but they seem to work fine and have lasted several years.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

What is you earbud and personal monitor system? You should try westone um1, shure e2c which are entry level iems. If you have more bucks, you should try higher model like westone um2, um3x which are definetly great.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll give my ipod ear phones a try. Then I'll get some custom molded ones. I need to replace my lost sensaphonics ear-buds anyway, and maybe they'll give me a 2-for deal. Ill try to remember to report back on the results. I'm guessing its the foam shure earbuds that blow.

Comment

Working...
            X