No announcement yet.

Bugera joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it sounds like a 5150, which is what it's copied after, no it doesn't sound as good as my Plexi, or AC30 or Pro reverb, but it does sound like a Peavey

Comment

Hi all,

A friend of mine just got a Bugera. He plays his acoustic through it. Sounds a HELL of a lot better than almost anything else he plugs it into - DI box, PA, board, computer sim, whatever else gadgets they have nowadays... And for what he paid, it sounds pretty darn good! Not my 67 Bassman or 62 Concert or his 67 Reverberocket, but, hey, half to 1/3 the price? What the hell? That's always something I try to keep in mind when reviewing gear - how much did I pay for it, and are my expectations realistic?

Not sure about tubes lasting 20 times as long... and part of me says, if you put MORE parts in it, isn't that more stuff to break and fix later? I mean, safety is one thing, but a pair of "matched tubes" that they keep harping about - chinese 6L6s will run $500 over ten years? Kinda why I like 2-wheel drive and manual windows... Of course, I might decide someday to incorporate this stuff in a build, but it won't be mass produced and it won't be on a PCB (read, $$$).

For now, I can wait and see, even in my scepticism. And help out if I meet someone who's Infinium breaks... And what the heck is "GORP?"

My two cents...
      Rambling over.

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

"And what the heck is "GORP?"

Mindless drivel, judging by context...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Johnny Birchwood View Post
          Bugger-uh's do not sound good. Marshall's sound good. Fender's sound good.
          Marshall TSLs do NOT sound good. Alot of newer Fender amps sound crappy. It has nothing to do with the name on the front...
          The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Its funnny how designers coming out of college now think more complicated is better.

The only repairs I've ever done on SVT-CL amps are burnt out opamps in the bias indicator and fault detect circuit. In other words, the add-on circuits that are supposed to make the amp better actually make it less reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtr_tech View Post
              Marshall TSLs do NOT sound good. Alot of newer Fender amps sound crappy. It has nothing to do with the name on the front...
              I'm talkin about a real marshall, or a real fender, not the pencil-pusher models
              "If you can get the smoke back in the amp, it will work."

Comment

Working...
              X