Teac/Tascam 70-8 service info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teac/Tascam 70-8 service info?

I'm going the rounds with one of these old beasts and have come to the point where I need to start t-shooting a couple bad channels after recapping them all. Does anyone have any service info on this machine? I need schems for the rec/repro amp cards (model 701) as well as the sync module (model 703a).

Looked all over the net and came up with nuffin'...
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Hopefully someone here will have it. If not, this one is cheap and covers the whole 70 series (in case you ever run into another one, or this one again ).
    Tascam Series 70 Reel Repair Service Manual | eBay
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thats great that its there if it comes to that. But....I have a problem with ppl selling shit that they don't own the rights to. As far as I see it, if you don't own the information...you have the right to charge for paper, toner, and shipping cost. Its a bit of a gray area really...

Comment

I have the 80-8 if that helps.

And I come to Owosso two or three times a week.

Is the 70-8 like the 80-8 but without the DOlby interfaces? Or am I thinking of the wrong models?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The 70-8 is different from the 80-8. Uses "outboard" overdub sections and all the in/out connections are made via RCA connectors right at the back of each rec/repro unit.

http://reel2reeltexas.com/vinTascam70H8c.jpg
          Last edited by Gtr_tech; 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Well, I tried anyway.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X