Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laney Lionheart's Dyncamics and Bite controls - how do they work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney Lionheart's Dyncamics and Bite controls - how do they work?

Laney Lionheart L50H, compared to the 20 and 5 watt versions, has a Bite switch and a Dynamics control. According to the description, they do this:
    The BITE control tightens up the bottom end giving a clean and clear punchy sound.
    The DYNAMICS control allows you to control the Lionhearts low frequency response dialling clockwise gives a more extended low-end response. Dialling the Dynamics control anticlockwise tightens up the low-end response.

Could please someone explain me how they do it in more technical terms and if could I add this functionality with some external effects pedals (without modifying the amp)?
    For example, a tubescreamer can tighten the bottom end, but I can't really control the amount of the cutoff (and the Dynamics control on Laney kind of does that, right?). Maybe there are other pedals that do that? But, like I said, I'd like as close a control as there is on that L50H.

Sounds to me like presence (bite) and resonance (deep) controls in the NFB loop. I'm suspicious about anything there affecting dynamics tho. In fact, if anything were to affect dynamics i can't imagine anyone wanting it controllable. Why would anyone want to dial dynamics OUT? In other words, most people who build an amp thats very dynamic are praised for it and they wouldn't put a control in to dial it out any more than they'd put a switch in to reduce sustain.

Comment

I'd *love* to see the schematic first.
      Don't trust very much milk and honey words from the Marketing Dept guys.

Even if it weren't so, doubt you could add that to pedals (or even other amps) without knowing what they *actually* do.
      So start looking for that schemo

And by their own description, very much doubt it controls "dynamics" at all.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X