Fender Super 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super 60

Anybody have a schematic for these beasts?
    The one I'm fixing is okay, but I was curious about the circuit etc.
    Wondering how hard it would be to make one sound good!

If it is not on Mr. Gearhead - and please look there first since I am on a dialup - send me an email with Fender Super 60 schematic as the subject line to:

tmenzo at msn dot com
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have one of these that I fixed after a fashion. It was given to me not working and the guy didn't want to pay what it was going to cost so he "left it" with me about 5 years ago. The problem is that the circuit board is upside down so it's a pisser to try and troubleshoot. They are loud and quite sterile sounding...you can play around with different tubes in the preamp line up (changing 12at/au7's instead of ax7s) but there ain't much that you can do short of gutting the amp and replacing the PC board with a tag board setup and cloning one of the Fender circuits. Some guys have done it with quite some success.
      I have the schematic somewhere on one of my hard drives so if Enzo can't get it to you let me know (elsotech at comcast dot net) and I can do it...I'm on cable internet so it's not as much of a hassle for me I think. Enzo goes above and beyond the call of duty sometimes...I honestly don't know how he gets stuff done in his shop.

Enzo, do you ever sleep???

Tim
      Electronic Sound Technologies

Comment

Actually I have a camp bed just outside the shop door, and I often take a couple hour nap when feeling low energy.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well if he ever makes out my way I'm buying him a drink!

Think I'll take you up on the schem. offer....no hurry.

Comment

I think we all owe Enzo a drink. Man would he be wasted are what ?
            KB

Comment

I'm still wasted from the 1960s. Whoa... a purple rhinoceros!!!

I'll send the files after dinner when my bandwidth goes up.

Comment

changing pots...

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                Anybody have a schematic for these beasts?
                The one I'm fixing is okay, but I was curious about the circuit etc.
                Wondering how hard it would be to make one sound good!
                I need to change a couple of pots on a Super 60. How hard is it going to be and is there a particular order of operation needed in taking out the pots?

Thanks,

David

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't remember.....
                  Is it the one with a full size board mounted upside down?
                  Id so, you'd probably have to pull that board up and out at least partially to get at the pots.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                    I'm sorry but I don't remember.....
                    Is it the one with a full size board mounted upside down?
                    Id so, you'd probably have to pull that board up and out at least partially to get at the pots.
                    Yeah. Large board upside down and small board that the pots are mounted on.

Comment

i need these schematics to change pots too. Does anyone have the schematics for the combo ? Or maybe for the head to make a compare ...?
                      I would be grateful to anyone who had those

Comment

Look closer at post #2.

Comment

Originally posted by lefxatz View Post
                          i need these schematics to change pots too. Does anyone have the schematics for the combo ? Or maybe for the head to make a compare ...?
                          I would be grateful to anyone who had those

Email me at davethetubeguy at yahoo dot com. I think I have one at the shop now.

Dave

Comment

I have the Super 60 also and I've been thinking to do these mods:
                            http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...r_60_Woes.aspx
                            I don't like the gritty OD channel and also the clean channel could have more treble.. Let's see if the mods fix this.

The schematics are here:
                            http://www.schematicheaven.com/fende...er_60_rack.pdf

Comment

Working...
                            X