Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road King II Power Transformer Change from USA to 240v

Hi I'm new here so be gentle :-)

I have a (USA Version) road king II that is currently being used with a drop down external transformer to USA (110v)... from 240v UK wall voltage.

I just bought a PT from Tube Amp Doctor to change out the 110v to a 240v so I can dump the drop down external transformer (way too much hassle).

Heres the power transformer I bought:

Mains transf. for Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce, Roadster,Road King Series II - Mains Transf. for Mesa Boogie

But I believe I have to change a couple of bits and pieces (MOV to 275AC) and some capacitors which I am not sure of, as well as the fuses...

Transformer to be fitted is 561143 and USA one currently in there is 561142 I believe. Its just those other few changes I need... and any pics of a 240v RK II on the mains board would be useful. Indeed any other advice about the other component changes would be useful.

TAD say the transformer is the right one for the change so the 561143 transformer outputs should be correct, as are the original..

ANY help on this I would really appreciate. The diagram is 'OK' but some of that is a little vague for me. Simpler English is good.

Thanks in advance...
Working...
X