Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum. Looking to build a 1/4 watt tube amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chassis & fascia are both direct from Amp Maker: Guitar amp kits and parts, the 4 hole wooden fascia for his AC04 chassis is something that Barry at Ampmaker keeps in stock but the 4 hole versions aren't listed AFAIK on the site, you have to order as a "custom" part, the fascia was £4.50 at time of ordering. The one in the pic is "blonde spruce", you can see the mahogany variety on the Ampmaker site with the WF-55 4W "tweed style" amp kit.

The larger chassis' at Ampmaker have traditional Marshall style gold & silver fascias.

Mark Phillips @ AF http://afcustomcabinets.weebly.com would certainly make you a cab, mine are a tight fit on the chassis at the baffle (had to fit the chassis, then put in the baffle), so I'd make sure you have 52mm depth at least for the chassis cut out.

Just to clarify (for any other interested parties) the circuit is not one that is offered by Ampmaker. I started off building this kind of amp in 5F1 Champ chassis (Mark also made me a compact 1x12" 5F1 cab to airline cabin stowable dimensions) with tube rectifiers (the Ampmaker PT will fit 5F1 chassis also, but you'll need to use SS rectification), but going with the Ampmaker parts allowed me to considerably cut back on build costs...
    Last edited by MWJB; 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Cool riff MWJB
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Thanks Tubeswell, it's Nat Adderley's "Worksong"...about the only thing I can play on both diatonic & chro! ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X