No announcement yet.

Crest audio CC1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, many companies do not respond well to the little guys like us. Many do, though. My message was not to assume that ahead, that's all. Peavey is my favorite company, not least because they do try to hard to help their customers. My shop is a warranty center for many major brands, and they are in my view the tops. Other fine companies just lack that particular responsiveness.

Pale, you are in Hungary, so picking up the phone to Mississippi is impractical, but I do agree with Steve that phoning is best whenever possible. The phone usually connects you with a live human to intereact with . They can be helpful or they can tell you their policy is not to assist, but at least you know. Emails too often can get buried in the pile, or indeed shunted to the spam filter.

Working with these companies, I think the reason they are not responsive to individuals is not because they don't want your stuff repaired. AFter all they establish networks of repair centers, such as mine, and do make parts and support available. But at the factory, they don't make the facility available to the consumer. If your Mercedes develops a problem, you won't be able to get it fixed by calling Stuttgart, they have servicing dealers around the world for that. A good company like Fender won't sell you a part unless you are a dealer. Peavey will sell direct. Fender trieds hard to make a good product and also a support network. I know from personal experience that Fender will make every effort to make an amp purchase right for the customer. If a customer calls them with a gripe, they will refer him to a local shop like mine. Most companies will not be hard core about waranty. If your warranty expired yesterday, they almost always will cover the failure anyway. They want your amps to work, they do not want a reputation for amps that fail and can't be fixed. I recall a Peavey amp where a transformer came unwelded from its mounting plate. The amp was long out of warranty, but I called the factory and told them I didn't think this was an expected sort of failure. They agreed and sent me a new transformer gratis. I have a lot more good stories than bad in terms of customer support.

There are companies like Behringer who will send no schematics to anyone, and even as a service center it is not always easy to get parts from them. NAdy will send no schematics to anyone and do not have a service network, they want all service done at their factory. (I recommend against Nady products for this reason). Line 6 will only provide parts and documents to service centers. But Fender will send any schematic you request, and the common ones are on their web site already. Samson sends out schematics to anyone who asks. Loud technologies sends out schematics for Mackie, Crate,Ampeg, but asks you to agree not to post them online. And of course Peavey will sell parts to anyone (at reasonable prices) and any schematic you want. There is a range of responsiveness then.

If I have not said it before, paleeman, welcome to the forum. I hope we can help, and also benefit from your contributions ahead.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just checked the Crest web site, they post this grouping of schematic for download. (CC1800 not on this list though) There is a login for "secure" documents. I the past I had to contact them and they gave me a login access code for schematics I needed. That was before Peavey bought them. Note their office is now in Missisippi, and a specific email address given.

Crest Audio

techserve@crestaudio.com

And if I come up with the drawings before you do, I will post them.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I just checked the Crest web site, they post this grouping of schematic for download. (CC1800 not on this list though) There is a login for "secure" documents. I the past I had to contact them and they gave me a login access code for schematics I needed. That was before Peavey bought them. Note their office is now in Missisippi, and a specific email address given.

Crest Audio

techserve@crestaudio.com

And if I come up with the drawings before you do, I will post them.
        Here is my contribution to the debate.

Good luck.
        Attached Files

Comment

Beat me to it, Doctor.
          I called Shannon at Peavey.
          Had the schematic in one minute.

Comment

Cool, saved me the trouble of downloading it.

Comment

At the end of the day, there is always a "hero". That's what a Forum is for. To blow off steam, talk to great people and solve problems. This experience made me a little better, and also gave me a wider perspective.
              Thank you Enzo, Jazz P Bass, Mozwell, Steve Conner, DrGonz78 and of course, Doctor.

Comment

A little update. I hate it when other people are right, but Enzo, you were 100% right. I just received the schematics from Crest customer service, mr. Roger Crimm sent it on the same day that I wrote to him.

Comment

Great. I know Roger, he is a great guy, and a dedicated service pro. He also has my recipe for making chili.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    Great. I know Roger, he is a great guy, and a dedicated service pro. He also has my recipe for making chili.
                    Hmmm.
                    Chili.
                    Care to post the recipe?

Comment

How about some good ol' hungarian goulash?

Comment

That is good too.

Then we can move on to kishka and pierogies.

Jazz probably is familiar with scrapple, it being from the Maryland and Pennsylvania region.

Crap, now I have to go feed myself, this made me hungry.

Comment

Hmm hungry, hungary, goulash, paprikash.... just free associating . Pierogies naturally leads to cabbage rolls (& coffee) which of course leads straight to Stan & Yosh Schmenge SCTV The Schmenge Brothers John Candy & Eugene Levy - YouTube
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

hola amigos soy de colombia y nuevo en el foro no entiendo por que los esquematicos no me descargan de este foro y realmente si que lo necesito me refiero a la crest audio cc1800
                            Last edited by alexisyleidys; 08-29-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

hola soy nuevo y de colombia realmente necesito el diagrama de la cc1800 crest y no entiendo porque el foro no me deja descargarlo la ideo de un foro es colaborar alguien puede tener piedad de mi soy ingeniero de sonido y quizas pueda aportar en muchas cosas

Comment

Crest Audio CC1800 Schematic

Here is a repost of the schematic.
                                Aquí es un repost del esquema.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X