Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crest audio CC1800

Hi.
    Can somebody help me with this? This amp was brought to my shop a couple of days ago. It had a very distinctive Amper smell on the outside . And surprise,surprise, the inside was the same, (as one who knows "that" smell, would expect), hurricane swept. To be able to repair it, I really need the schematics.
    Thanks.

Peavey is the rep for Crest Audio.
    Send them a request.

Comment

while i dont have CC1800, CC2800 / CC4000 may be close enough to fix your problem.....

what is the actual problem, have you powered it up yet ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Mozwell, thank you for your swift reply. Although the two models are very similar, the CC2800 and the CC1800 have very different approach. While the CC2800-4000 resembles to Peaveys CS4800, (as Jazz P Bass mentioned, you can clearly tell from the way it is built, that it is a Peavey clone) the CC1800 is something completely different. Looks like H class, but not in a classic way. My main issue with it is, that I have soooo many burnt, unidentifiable components, that I can not go on without a schematic. The irony of it, is that both channels have identical damages. I am not a man who gives up easily, but I am very close to call it, Time of death: the party when you thought that connecting 4 speakers per side is OK. Even if the specs say it is 2 Ohms stable, I never recommend driving it all night at 110%.

Jazz P Bass, I did not contact Peavey. I am tired of writing mile long e-mails and at the end being rejected with unbelievably stupid reasons, or "bring it to the nearest repair center" type of excuses. Which has been common with a number of manufacturers. Maybe I am too much of a pessimist, but at the end of the day, the only thing, guaranteed, to build up, is experience.
        Last edited by paleeman; 02-01-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

First, have you made requests for information from PEAVEY and had this response? There is no company on earth more customer friendly that Peavey.

Second, why must you write a mile long email? They don't need all the details, all they need to know is you need schenatics. Try this one:

Dear Peavey customer service, we need schematics for the Crest CC1800 amplifier for service. Can you please provide this information? Thank you.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

As much as I appreciate the effort, and I see a lot of good in this, this really insults my intelligence.
            This is a Forum where techs help each other, right? So you can probably filter, who is a rookie and who's not. This is the type of advice that you give to a newbie. My 20 year experience tells me, if a professional is looking for some help, he tried the first 10 steps.And among those are E-mailing to the manufacturer.
            Again, I appreciate the help, and I hope no hard feelings. Regards.
            Last edited by paleeman; 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hey, no offense intended, I cannot tell your experience level from a couple posts about an amp, especially if we did not discuss the technicalities of the situation. I encounter people very day who - experienced or not - just assume the factories won;t help. In some cases that is true, but Peavey is the most helpful company I have encountered. I also encounter people looking for assistance who flood me with information, confusing the underlying question, so I was advising against including repair information in a schematic request. The customer service person who sees the email reads hundreds of them a day. SImple requests get quick response.

And in my own defense, when I write, I am also thinking about the less experienced people who are also reading along. Advice that may be beneath your experience level might be very useful to a novice looking on.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Dear Enzo.
                Maybe I was on a wrong foot with the whole thing. You made a point. I decided to give it a try, once more, and I wrote an e-mail to Crest and to Peavey too. Now I'll wait a couple of days to see what happens. Also, another good point of yours that I failed to recognize, is that, a Forum is for everybody. Thanks.

Comment

In Enzo's defense, I have considerably less than 20 years experience in anything, but I've yet to find a customer service department that even responded to e-mails unless they were chased up by multiple cajoling phone calls.
                  "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Excuse me, maybe my english is not good. But you do not defend Enzo, you actually agree with me. What does this mean :" but I've yet to find a customer service department that even responded to e-mails unless they were chased up by multiple cajoling phone calls" ? That is exactly what I am saying. That is why I do not write to customer services, asking for schematics.

P.S. For Mr. Conner
                    Regarding the ammount of posts, that is just ridiculous. I repair whatever a customer is willing to pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
                      P.S. For Mr. Conner
                      Regarding the ammount of posts, that is just ridiculous. I repair whatever a customer is willing to pay for.
                      I edited my post to remove the comment that this is a reply to. I agree that it was unfair. The "edited" thing didn't show up because I did it while you were composing your reply.
                      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I am spelling this out right here right now... I don't think Steve was disagreeing with Enzo... He actually is implying that Peavey does respond to emails and almost everyone else will not. Enzo was saying that they are more prone to respond to emails than most others. However, if you write a book about your problems then it gets a bit less giving. Keep it simple stupid should be on my Tombstone cuz even in Death I will forget that concept!! lol. On another side note I have been repairing amps for just a bit over a year... I have never sent an email asking for schematics and have only sent requests here on forums like this one. I did make a couple calls for schematics to Loud & GK and they were short calls with me ending up happy The point is to just get to the point... Quick and easy and you will get better results that way. If not just keep blabbing away like I am as it is fun and silly, all at the same time.
                        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I wish I never mentioned it now!

I'm implying that I don't expect a customer service guy to respond to my e-mail, or even see it at all, as spam filtering is so aggressive nowadays. Also, many companies are not "web savvy". I always call them on the phone, because then at least I know my message got through to a human. Let's take a look at the last two I dealt with:

Local company for water jet cutting: Contacted through web form. Got a reply by e-mail, sent another question back, no response. Assume it was blocked by spam filtering, as the guy seemed helpful.

Warranty repairs on a racing boat: Company had repair request form on their site. Form didn't work. Tried e-mail address, message bounced. Called them: "Thanks for calling, can you e-mail us some pictures of the damage?"
                          Me: "I tried but your e-mail address doesn't work"
                          Customer service: "Oh, don't use that e-mail address, try this *random one I would never have guessed in a week*"

Comment

Exactly!! Ask that same question in another 19 years and I will finally give out the answer that was passed on to me... lol
                            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Good people on this Forum!
                              That's what I am saying. In 99% of the cases they will not help you. They do not want their units to be repaired. Their only goal is to SELL, SELL, SELL. This is our fight against the corporate giants. We are their big pain the BUTTer. No repairs equals more profit. Screw the little people. Every posted schematic is a saved unit. Keep on posting and sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X