No announcement yet.

Behringer PMP1680s 120v to 240v ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMP1680s 120v to 240v ??????

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Behringer Europower PMP1680S from the USA to Australia not realising that it only works on 120V.
    It does not have a voltage selection switch and I've opened the unit and noticed that there are bridges on the power supply PCB.
    There are the two next to each other labeled 120V & 240V respectively, and there is one on its own labeled 120V.
    Both 120Vs are bridged and the 240v is open.

The power supply part no is: SMPSU29 PCB909090REVB

Does anyone know if the unit can be made to run on 240V simply by changing these bridges??? Or is there more involved????

(PS. I know I can just go out and buy a voltage converter, but I thought I'd try and see if there was a way of doing it internally first).

Thanks

Yes, remove the two 120v jumpers and install the 240v jumper.

ALSO: the main fuse is T10A for USA, but T6.3A for 240v, make the change.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Enzo.

So it's easy as that??

Thought there'd be more involved....??

Comment

Switchers have been that simple for years and years.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fair enough.

Is there any reason why they wouldn't have a voltage switch on the rear??

I was one of the unlucky ones I guess......

Thanks again.

Comment

Because that adds cost to the product, adds labor to the assembly, and for the most part, very few owners will be bouncing back and forth between 120 and 240 situations. PLus they can;t count on people swapping out fuses as they flip that switch.

And if you were to follow along on some repair discussions here, we even just a day ago had a problem with all the voltages too low in someone's amp, only to find it was set for 240v but tying to run on 120v mains.

Comment

Dear Enzo,

I have come across a similar issue with my Behringer PMP1680s. bought it on ebay and only found out that it is 110v and we use 220v here in my country. I bought a transformer & was able to use the PMP1680s for a while but now the sound comes out distorted.

I have also tried what you have proposed earlier in this post :

es, remove the two 120v jumpers and install the 240v jumper.

ALSO: the main fuse is T10A for USA, but T6.3A for 240v, make the change.

but this has not solved the power issue, the PMP1680s wont boot up.

kindly help. Thank you.

Ashvin.

Comment

Working...
              X