X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker suggestion for a Tweed 5G9???

Personal opinion welcome:

How about this for starts?
    Does anybody like the Jensen C12Q 12'' Ferrite 35W ?

G12 "Alnico Gold", Celestion | Amplified Parts

Comment

The Alnico Gold 12" is a really nice speaker, the only downside is the price. It's even more expensive in the US because of import duty.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

289 dollars for a speaker?

Comment

These, so I've heard, sound fantastic and are on sale right now Kustom Turbo 12 12" Guitar Speaker 8 Ohm 299-407

I was thinking of picking up a few..
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
            The Alnico Gold 12" is a really nice speaker, the only downside is the price. It's even more expensive in the US because of import duty.
            I learned very long ago that a high quality speaker triples my enjoyment of the amplifier. I want to play it more, cause it sounds better.
            I have also learned, once I tried better speakers, that cheap speakers are just a waste of money. They don't sound good, and they don't last.
            So, $289 is nothing, if it makes the amp all the better. I would put a $289 in that amp without hesitation.

I would rather use cast frame speakers, but the weight increase in a 5G9 would be the deciding factor. It's just too heavy for that amp, and the power of the amp does not justify buying it.
            I wish there was an EVM, with a smaller magnet and voice coil, for say, 50 watt amps. I think EVM is the best sounding guitar speaker, and I would rather have EVM over JBL or Jensen any day. I just don't need a 20 pound speaker in a 5G9.

I would rather build it with a field coil speaker, I like the field coil sound quality better than anything else.

Comment

Working...
            X