methods of removing oscillation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daz View Post
    I just hope this stays as is because the tone stayed almost exactly the same.
    For that to happen you'd need to stop changing the amp

Rock on daz
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      For that to happen you'd need to stop changing the amp

Rock on daz
      What can i say...you know me. I have indeed further messed with it because i could still detect a bit. I then removed the bypass cap on V2, the last gain stage of 3. Usually the amp never sounds as good without it, but at this point having radically changed V2 as i did a week or 2 ago it's good without it. What i figured is thats where possibly most of the excessive HF gain is coming from. So i lifted it which really helped a lot, then figuring i lost a bit of highs i was now able to put the V1B snubber back at V1A which got the highs back. For some reason on A it doesn't seem to cut highs as much as it did on B, but it adds something i like there thats hard to explain. I retained the tone as well if not better and the issue is resolved even better. I think theres always a touch of it tho, and even in my marshalls i always seem to note a bit of it probably because of the way i set up everything else including the treble bleeds in my guitars which exacerbate it. Even string buzz is easy to mistake for it when hitting the string hard to cause oscillation. But in any case it now sounds easily as good as before but w/o that ocsillation, and in the end the only change was to lift the V2A cathode bypass cap. There apparently was too much gain at that stage and adding that 2nd peaking filter the other day was just too much HF and too much gain combined and this was the result. The plan now is to get out a fresh roll of wick and clean up the slop from all this tweaking and then put it back in the cabinet. I hope i can leave it there for another 6 months.

Comment

Working...
      X