Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What degree might one take to get into pedal/amp design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my neighbour is a Carpenter who is famous in the PA community for making excellent W-Bins (ancient name for big folded horn PA enclosures)
    He is also well known among Architects who custom design and furnish huge Trade Shows (Cars/Computers/Harvesting machines/Clothing/Cosmetics/you name it).

The Million Dollar question: guess which of those two lines paid for his car/home/kids study/holidays/etc. ?

Yup, you guessed right.

By the way, with cheap tax free Chinese imports first and later move to small "line array" systems , he has only built a few subwoofer boxes in the last years, for PA and DJ use, but the commercial booths never stop.

Regularly (as in, say, 1 week every 60 days) I can't sleep because his shop becomes a 24/7 beehive of whining saws, frantic hammering, pneumatic machines, paint and adhesives smell, the works.

I don't complain, of course, I moved to this Port neighbourhood to be able to do exactly the same
    At a much relaxed pace, of course.

And mind you: he designs nothing, the Architects hand him the blueprints and then supervise the installations.
    To each his own.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Well, believe it or not there is *one* important Musical Amplifier position being offered now.
      Read what they are asking for, to have a Real World idea of what's needed.
      LOUD Technologies Inc. - Job Opportunities
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X