Must find patent # Rickenbacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must find patent # Rickenbacker

So, now I'm looking into the Rickenbacker Horseshoe pickup trademark.
    I'm looking for any patent info way back then. I need to patent number for this pickup.
    Anyone have it handy?

Here's the 1937 patent (applied 1934) by George Beauchamp for the the frying pan... patent # 2,089,171

It has the horseshoe pickup detailed in it, so I'd imagine that's the one.

You can retrieve PDF versions of patents here: www.pat2pdf.org

This must be expired by now, don't you think?
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thanks, Dave! I think that'll serve just fine for now

Comment

Hey, glad to help!
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

The patent is expired, but the trademark was recently granted.

Comment

Originally posted by soundmasterg
            The patent is expired, but the trademark was recently granted.
            Yes.
            Got it guys, thanks. I spoke toi the examining attorney who did the trademark yesterday and gave her the patent numbers so she could take a close look into the design. Explained who I was, what I do, and how and why the design functions. I told her that this trademarking issue is running rampant in our industry, and that people who are familliar with guitars and how they operate should be the ones who examine trademarks like this.
            She also suggested writing a letter to the Commisioner of Trademarks explaining the problems of trademarking designs like this. And she said that a petition to cancel would likely be granted if someone were to file, if proof of functionality is given.

Comment

Very cool. We'll see what happens.

Comment

I wonder how Rick Tuner gets away with making horseshoe pickups? They are just like the old Ric pickups too.

Comment

Working...
                X