Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable for LaMar Mastervolume?

Lar/Mar PPI-MV - MetroAmp Wiki

I would like to do this mod. I have shielded cable but just with one conductor. I have no idea where to get 2 conductor shielded cable that is rated for 300V.
    Should I try to get 2 conductor cable or should use two 1 conductor shielded cables instead?

Thanks.
    Last edited by shocki; 03-01-2013, 06:11 PM.

Originally posted by shocki View Post
    Lar/Mar PPI-MV - MetroAmp Wiki

I would like to do this mod. I have shielded cable but just with one conductor. I have no idea where to get 2 conductor shielded cable that is rated for 300V.
    Should I try to get 2 conductor cable or should use two 1 conductor shielded cables instead?

Thanks.
    I did the mod and made my own cable.
    I took some braided cable and threaded 2 wires in the braid.
    The cable is short so this is not that hard to do.
    When finished, I put a piece of heat shrink over the braid and shrunk it down.
    Looks and works great!
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

ahh this should work
      http://www.thomann.de/gb/sommer_cable_primus_bl.htm

Comment

I wouldn't order something just to get a few inches of cable. Just run two pieces of single conductor.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

For future reference (or for your LarMar, in case you want to order more wire), I started a thread on this very question a while ago:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t31748/

Comment

You don't need shielded cable.

Comment

shielded wire won't hurt, and they show it on the mod.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	600px-Lar-Mar_PPI-MV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	828315
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Working...
              X