Weber 6A14HP O-Tranny location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber 6A14HP O-Tranny location

I ‘m building a Weber 6A14HP (Princeton Reverb). The HP stands for high power (30 watts) with a pair of 6L6 tubes. The output tranny is larger than the regular (6A14) and I’m trying to find a good location for it to make sure that it clears the baffle and speaker. The holes in the cassis are for the smaller size and it puts the tranny straight front to back next to the power tranny. I don’t have the cab and speaker yet as I ordered it last week. It’s coming in with a 12” Weber vintage series. I’ve placed it on an angle, pivoting on the original backside screw location (kind of like the reverb tranny) to bring it towards the center more. Anyone have any experience or ideas with this or similar size amp?
    Thanks
    Normybaby

Weber 6A14HP O-Tranny location

A little more info; I want to keep the tranny as close to the intended location because of the thru chassis wire location and the distance from the output tubes etc.. Will it make a difference in performance....?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
      Did you finish building your Weber 6A14HP? I was wondering what you thought of it? I have a Princeton Reverb and love it...but...would like to try my hand at amp building..and..need more clean headroom but in a small lightweight package! How does it compare to a PR (mine has the "stokkes mod."? How does it compare to a Deluxe Reverb - louder? More headroom?

Thanks

P.

Comment

Weber 6A14HP

Sorry, I just got a chance to get back to this forum, yes I did finish the amp and it work out great. I too upped the PI voltage and changed the coupling cap (I guess this is the MOD you’re referring to) The volume is about the same as my deluxe RI only the tone is a little darker with a very nice breakup and overall tone. The 12" speaker makes the difference I’m sure. I would recommend this kit to anyone who would like a nice compact med power guitar amp. It handles pedals nicely as well.
        Good luck

Comment

thanks Normbaby!

P

Comment

Working...
          X