No announcement yet.

Tapped Pickup Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also tried various methods of creating tapped pickups with bi-filar winding.

I wound a single coil with 42 HFV and 43 Poly using this method. The result wasn't what I was hoping, but it worked OK.

Perhaps different wire combinations and/or starting with just one and adding in the second may work better ...

I ended up using 4 conductor wire and connecting to a blend pot in place of a tone control, which worked in allowing one or both in parallel ... which doesn't give the additional power I was hoping (perhaps wiring into series with a standard Pot may have just been better )

Many options/possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrebird Steve View Post
      I also tried various methods of creating tapped pickups with bi-filar winding.

I wound a single coil with 42 HFV and 43 Poly using this method. The result wasn't what I was hoping, but it worked OK.

Perhaps different wire combinations and/or starting with just one and adding in the second may work better ...

I ended up using 4 conductor wire and connecting to a blend pot in place of a tone control, which worked in allowing one or both in parallel ... which doesn't give the additional power I was hoping (perhaps wiring into series with a standard Pot may have just been better )

Many options/possibilities
      Same here, it's usuable, but for me so far not worth the effort, to mass produce.
      Mine was 42 gauge inner coil and a 43 outer coil.
      I just finished the Stacked Bridge pickup.
      I will test it tomorrow.
      When I take the Tapped P/U out of the test guitar, I may rewind it more like the Seymour model.
      Last edited by big_teee; 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Me too, the bi-filar thing was a non-starter, dropped it, moved on.
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
          Me too, the bi-filar thing was a non-starter, dropped it, moved on.
          I do lots of Dropping it and moving on!!!
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X