Fender Hot Rod Deville Channels Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hot Rod Deville Channels Broken

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville and every now and then when playing in the gain channel (3rd) it will pop into the 2nd gain channel. I have the amp open and cant see anything obvious that could be causing it. Any ideas on whats broken here?

All of these amps have had problems with cold soldering and heat related problems with the low voltage power supplies. I'd suggest that you pull the board and check the soldering around the two large power resistors and zener diodes. While you are there check the soldering at all of the jacks. Also there is the dual color led at the front panel that is part of the switching circuit. If it comes loose the channels will switch as it makes and breaks contact.

Comment

Those dropping resistors are a pain, but they would not selectively only affect thios one little aspect of the amap. I like teh LED as a suspect too. The LEDs are not just lights off to the side, they are part of the circuit.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X