Kustom Quad 200 HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom Quad 200 HD

I have one of these amps and the issue is that it cuts out once the signal reaches a certain point, which is not much signal at all. Even just the buzz form the guitar can do it at hi volume. It does it on both channels. It's like a gate, where it will cut in and out as the signal varies. You can hear the clicking every time it cuts in and out, from which I think is coming from the JQC-3FF relay. As such, I pulled the shotgun approach and switched out the relay and there was no change. So hear I am, unable to find a proper schematic, (although I did find this one for the 100 HD) and wondering where to go next. Maybe someone has had a similar problem, or this sounds like something familiar? Thanks a bunch.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
    I have one of these amps and the issue is that it cuts out once the signal reaches a certain point, which is not much signal at all. Even just the buzz form the guitar can do it at hi volume. It does it on both channels. It's like a gate, where it will cut in and out as the signal varies. You can hear the clicking every time it cuts in and out, from which I think is coming from the JQC-3FF relay. As such, I pulled the shotgun approach and switched out the relay and there was no change. So hear I am, unable to find a proper schematic, (although I did find this one for the 100 HD) and wondering where to go next. Maybe someone has had a similar problem, or this sounds like something familiar? Thanks a bunch.
    Boat Anchor

Comment

I would try to monitor the relay circuit.
      If the signal into the IC is not at the trip point, the ic itself is suspect along with any E caps on that circuit.
      The +15 & -15V rails should also be monitored.

Comment

The relay won't turn itself off and on.

Plug a different spesaker into the extension speaker jack. (That should also shut off the internal speakers) Still cut out?

Is there any DC offset on the output?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X