Polarity Tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
    I actually use one of those Schatten thingies from Stew-Mac. Saved me from having to make one.
    Same here, liked the silly thing so much I bought a couple of them to have around the shop.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I guess I need to get with the 20th century. Ive been using a short alnico rod with a piece of black paper tape on the south end. If it sticks it's north, if not.......

I was in a small local guitar shop some years back and the tech (self proclaimed best re-fretter on the planet) had a big old hard drive neo magnet on his guitar bench. When I asked him what it was used for he told me he used it to pull the steel wool residue off of the pickups after he was done polishing the frets

He must have moved on to bigger and better shops because he didn't stay in that little place very long.
      Good for him

Comment

Originally posted by Stratz View Post
        I guess I need to get with the 20th century. Ive been using a short alnico rod with a piece of black paper tape on the south end. If it sticks it's north, if not.......

I was in a small local guitar shop some years back and the tech (self proclaimed best re-fretter on the planet) had a big old hard drive neo magnet on his guitar bench. When I asked him what it was used for he told me he used it to pull the steel wool residue off of the pickups after he was done polishing the frets

He must have moved on to bigger and better shops because he didn't stay in that little place very long.
        Good for him
        Have you gone in the guitar shops, that have an area, or box for used pickups.
        They usually have them all stuck together.
        You know that has to be good for keeping charge and polarity?
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Well Terry, if they're stuck together than they are essentially acting as keepers so not the worst possible situation for magnetic longevity. Most of them probably don't deserve much attention anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
            Well Terry, if they're stuck together than they are essentially acting as keepers so not the worst possible situation for magnetic longevity. Most of them probably don't deserve much attention anyway.
            I sure don't want mine in that box.
            Especially my A2s with a box full of cheap Ceramic Pickups.
            I think I know the outcome?
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              Especially my A2s with a box full of cheap Ceramic Pickups.
              I think I know the outcome?
              The outcome is that them ceramics will kick the A2s butt! On the bright side you can recharge the alnicos.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
              X