Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Modding My Bugera 6262 With A Loop Only On The Dirty Channel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Modding My Bugera 6262 With A Loop Only On The Dirty Channel...

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum and trying to find some help with an idea I have.
    I have a Bugera 6262, which I love, and I use a Boss NF-1 Noise Gate in the effects loop to quiet the dirty channel. Unfortunately it cuts the clean channel signal too much so I have to turn it off when I switch channels.

What I want to do is put two 1/4" jacks on the back panel of the amp and make them essentially the end of the dirty channel chain after the preamp. I could put the noise gate in this loop so it would only be active while the dirty channel is active. If I chose not to use any effect in this loop I could just run a patch cable to complete the loop.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible with this amp? I don't have any schematics to go by, so it's all theoretical at this point. Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Not knowing very much about these amps I can only surmise.
    On the schematic, there are relay contacts shown at the FX Send/ Return jack that routes the signal to the jack or not.
    Could you access the relay & switch it on & off?
    I am not too sure how the relay is controlled.
    Is there a panel switch?
    Attached Files

Comment

Jazz, look on page 3. The switching is all controlled on the FX board digitally. The board itself is not in the drawing sets.

It appears relays 1 and 2 turn on the lead channel. I'd imagine it would be posible to tie the base resistors together for T2 and T6 so the loop would come on when the lead channel was selected, and off otherwise. And break the circuit from R123 back to the card.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Bugera 6262 Schematic

Repost of 6262 pdf file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X