Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Ampeg SVT CL Problems

Hi,

I'm new to the board, but appreciate everyone's input in advance!
    I'm going to take a stab at explaining my problem all while trying not to be too wordy.

Anyways, the other night 50 minutes into the gig my amp stops working the green and red LED start flashing. I turned it off, gave it a sec and turned it back on and it worked for another half a song and went to green and red flashing. When I turned it back off and on again I noticed the power tubes flashed blue and it made a slight popping sound and could not get any sound out of it.

The club we played at was one of those clubs where they say "Those two outlets are for the band", meaning everyone plugs into them. My question is, could insufficient power damaged my amp?

The fuses don't seem to be blown, but I will replace them. I'm comfortable opening the chasis and am aware of the dangers of the transformers and what not. I've replaced the gain potentiometer and have fixed a ground issue before.

Any insight you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay

Ps If I get her working she will not ever be plugged into that clubs wall again.

I would have to recommend that you stop turning on the amp.
    Whatever is wrong is wrong.
    A new fuse will not fix it.
    I would pull the tubes a do a few basic power supply checks first.

Comment

If you think it was crappy power at the club, try it at home. Act the same?

I'd also agree with checking power, and sorry bud, but it starts to look like power tubes from here.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X