Samick Box Mixer Thermal Relay Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samick Box Mixer Thermal Relay Switch

Have a old Samick box mixer and it needs a new thermal relay " switch screwed to heat sink.
    I can just bypass but I might as well do it right. Any suggestions on specs ,brand, takes forever on Mouser...to many choices...thanks

Perhaps if you told us what you needed...

How is it wired? Is it in the mains lead? Is it opening the speaker lead? So is it NO or NC? What brand is the old one, and what numbers are on it? How does it mount, and are the connections important?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

the 2 leads go to a protect light. twisted the pair together, "NC" and the fan and power side come on. So small there was no #'s.
      Just basically a small glob of resin that the 2 leads were glued to small 1/4" spade that screwed to heat sink.

Comment

So it controls a power circuit but doesn;t carry the mains itself?

What model is the mixer, I have a few Samick schematics.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Samick PM- 8300 power mixer . I can get signal thru pre-amp so maybe it is the mains. But why then no fan ? thanks

Comment

I have repaired Samicks and have seen them, "something" partially surrounded by a brass clip, bolted to the heat sink, and looks like somebody dropped some black epoxy to seal it.
            Never needed to replace them.
            Please refine your description, you say "
            the 2 leads *go* to a protect light
            "
            Go to means nothing.
            Are they in parallel with that lighht? (guess not)
            In series? (probably)
            Follow wires, where do they connect to?
            I guess one goes to fan and or light, other goes to ground or some Fan supply
            You tell me.
            Do you measure any DC voltage on any lead?
            How much?
            Do you measure resistance across the mystery sensor?
            Also test it both ways on the diode scale.

It may be a thermistor (NTC), a PTC, a diode, or a small bimetal switch (not quite likely but possible).

Of course, being in Argentina, I usually have to repair without schematics, so all these questions have to be answered.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
            X