How can I sexy up these screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I sexy up these screws?

It seems the latest thing with buckers is the socket head screws. Ive got some coming in from A-FX. But, my question is this... what should I use to paint them with, that will stay on, and last? All the manufacturers of buckers that I have seen are obviously painting the with something, but what? Is it some sort of enamel?

-Rob

You don't paint them ,you plate them
    FX carries these screws in nickel plated or black oxide ,what color were you looking wanting to do ,pelham blue maybe ?
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I think I found the answer already!

Krylon: Products: Appliance Epoxy Paints

POW! That just happened!

Scrubbable epoxy resins
      Resists household cleaners
      Withstands stains, grease, & grime

PERFECT! Because it's specifically used on METAL.

-Rob

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        You don't paint them ,you plate them
        FX carries these screws in nickel plated or black oxide ,what color were you looking wanting to do ,pelham blue maybe ?
        Wow, I did not see that. I didnt even click on the silver ones because they were not what I was looking for.

-Rob

Comment

Good luck with that !!!

Comment

Good luck with that !!!
            I emailed them, hopefully they will help fix my order. I dont know why they dont just make another listing to put the black ones out in the open....bluuhhhhh.

-Rob

Comment

Someone delete this thread - it's late, I got confused. I did indeed order black plated screws. It was a bad picture on their website that had me thinking they were plain ass socket bolts. Bluhhhhhhhh. Maybe I will finally go to bed, who knows...

-Rob

Comment

Keep her going 30 or 40 more post ,I believe you have to enlarge the holes just a tad for those screw heads to fit in the bobbin

Comment

Keep her going 30 or 40 more post ,I believe you have to enlarge the holes just a tad for those screw heads to fit in the bobbin
                  Then I guess I should change the title to "How do I sexy up these bobbins?"

-Rob

Comment

I've never tried any of the hex screws.
                    Used a Multitude of different Fillister Head Screws.
                    I like some of the AFX unplated screws I've used.
                    T
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

Why not get them anodized in wild colors like hot rod engine parts? I've thought about that. …but it's one of those "ya, maybe some day" ideas. I bet the Ibanez/Vai crowd would jump on those! Be sure to buy them in intervals of 7.

You know you want "chrome illusion" covers with them, too!

Comment

Originally posted by ReWind View Post
                        Why not get them anodized in wild colors like hot rod engine parts? I've thought about that. …but it's one of those "ya, maybe some day" ideas. I bet the Ibanez/Vai crowd would jump on those! Be sure to buy them in intervals of 7.

You know you want "chrome illusion" covers with them, too!
                        Anodising steel. That would be a new one. Aluminium/magnesium and titanium yes. Steel stainless/steel no. With the right acrylics plastic painting is easy and will stay on forever.

Comment

Ah, I didn't know that. I've certainly created some pretty wild colors on steel by working it too hard too fast to the point of overheating ...I realize that's not good for the tonal qualities.

So just for the sake of discussion, would magnesium coated steel work if one wanted to anodize a pole screw?

Comment

Anodizing is just a layer of aluminum oxide. A very porous layer of glasslike sponge that's dipped in dye and then sealed with a clear wax or clearcoat. The colors are just like paint, they have nothing to do with the anodizing process per se. Anodizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can get some wild colors with various zinc platings on steel.

Comment

Working...
                            X