Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody familiar with the Yamaha IG02611 or IG02590?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody familiar with the Yamaha IG02611 or IG02590?

There's a Yamaha dual keyboard console organ up for sale near me. I got hold of the service manual and there is a chip in there, several perhaps, numbered the IG02611 and IG02590. The former is a proprietary chip that serves as a VCF, and the latter as VCA. It does not appear that they are house-numbered equivalents of other commercial chips.

Wondering if anyone had any info on them. It would be swell if these were Yamaha's functional equivalent of the IR3109 and BA662.

I rarely work on keyboards anymore, and Yamahas rarely among them. But if memory serves, those IG numbers look like Yamaha part numbers.

What model organ? Got schematic? Can we compare organ schematic to data sheet of your two ICs and see if they would fit?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have the service manual, which is how I learned the part numbers. I was intending on cannibalizing the unit, since I need a leaf contact keyboard to repair my SCI Pro One. But ethere are all these tantalizing chips that I was wondering if I could put to other purposes. For instance, maybe the IG02611 might be repurposed for an autowah?

Comment

Working...
      X