1964 Revererocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Revererocket

I've been playing all my life, I'm 62. Lots of blues and junk. I quit using my Ampeg about 30 years ago after the blue fire shot out of the back of it. I recently decided to rebuild it, and after I started I said "Hey, you're just gonna change the parts". I now want to know what those parts do. My amp repair dudes were always nice, but I had very little clue beyond bias, what they were talking about.
    Any suggestions on the hand to hand experience I will need?
    This is a 7591A/ no bias pots.

If you're amenable to reading through PDFs of old electronics texts, there's a wealth of info out there.

The introductory section in the RCA Receiving Tube Manual (various editions) might be a good place to start. You can find them on this page:

Tube Data

Comment

I just did one of those, after discharging (google and comply or die)the filter electrolytics( can caps) carefully replace all of the pink tubular caps, every one of them is bad. Mallory 150's or mojo dijon work fine, there is no difference in "tone" other than the difference between leaky and functioning signal cap.
      Google and build a light bulb current limiter.
      Travel to Japan to find NOS 7591a's if u need them or use the russian repops. The one I redid was converted to 7868's. I have a lot of pics but the amp was reworked by the factory and will be a bit different.

Google the Navy Neets modules for very basic self paced electronics training including tube theory and soldering, important!!

Comment

Some sites have great introductory articles and practical info (which you will need in heaps for every step of the way) - especially in the sticky posts on diyaudio or eg:
        In The Shed resource guide
        or a group website such as
        Classic ANZ Valve Guitar Amplifiers

Comment

Working...
        X