Kustom HV 100 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom HV 100 schematic

I am working on a HV 100 with some burned components on the power amp board and looking for a schematic if anyone has one

I don't have that one. I assume you contacted them, but in case:
    Kustom Amplification :: Contact Form

14-15 years ago when we were trying to grow the shop, Kustom was expanding, so we signed on as a service center. They sent me a package of schematics for then-current models. Never saw a single customer, nor even a single referral. No one in this area was selling the line. Eventually the relationship evaporated when we did not renew.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo, thanks for the info. I have about 50 schematics on my computer but not this series. I had some burned parts due to a shorted STK404-100. I looked up the datasheet for it and figured what the charred part values were. The only place in the area that has STK404 series, has only one left in a warehouse in Siberia, that is the STK404-130 but it will work in place of the "100 watt" version which is actually rated at 80 watts into 6 ohms. There is a distributor here for Kustom so there are more than typical numbers of them. I was not a warranty station for them because none of the stores we did every carried it, except back in the old day when tuck and roll was not considered tacky.
      The STK404-130 is only $6 including shipping from 5 times zones away so I can't complain too much.

Comment

I've seen STK404-100 in several shops in Poland. For example here: STK404-100 | north.pl or here: STK404-100 UK?AD SCALONY - www.Lewandowscy.pl . The prices are between 6 and 12 USD. I could buy you one if you need it urgently.

Mark

Comment

These might help
          Attached Files

Comment

I found this file. Maybe it will help.

Mark

Kustom ECO_0343-1_Sanyo100W_Oscillation_21OCT03-1.pdf

Comment

Thank you very much dmeek and Mark. I figured out the burned parts by calculated values but it is great to have the print. I appreciate it.
              Mark, the one parts house that had it listed has already taken the order so it should be here in about a week. It was 200 rubles which I think is pretty good. Standard parts are reasonable here, with dozens of part sellers but almost nothing for older MI oriented gear, like high voltage caps or pots. If I need a modern chip, or something from new digital designs, it is here but anything that was current technology 10-15 years ago is not found.
              There are a lot of design houses here so there are support suppliers for modern components, but there is a big hole as if electronics just appeared 10 years ago and nothing before.
              To address the absence of any source for MI and pro audio OEM parts, and no cooperative distributors of gear, I've been working on setting up a path that will get what is needed in the US. I have a store lined up which is a warranty station for everything(they have no service department but insist on getting warranty status as a condition of taking a line). The main problem is the cost of getting something here without getting lost in customs or disappearing and the $75-300 shipping charges for a few kgs of parts. If I was ordering $1000 a week it would make sense, but $75 or $100 to get a $1 pot or knob is hard to justify. So I have been contacting techs who have not been able to open a shop, in many regions of the country with the idea to pool orders to spread the shipping costs around. I am looking for 1 good tech in each major city and offer him to join an affiliate program. I'll make weekly orders every Monday after aggregating the couple dozen parts orders from different regions. A requirement will be they have actual part numbers and be responsible for mistakes...no returns...and will have to maintain a high level of professionalism to remain in the group. They will fill out a form on-line on my secure server and all parts of the same manufacturer will be assembled into single orders for each brand. I'll invest in stock for parts that seem to be ordered more often. This will represent the only real repairs available in the country so being part of the affiliate program would be a valuable option. I've been telling manufacturers for a while that the first one to take customer service seriously for the potentially 2nd largest market in the world, will dominate this market. But thus far the only one to care is Carvin. Part of the problem is that all get glowing reports from foreign reps and assume that things are going well, but the reps only come a couple times a year and get wined and dined by the distributors and never ever talk to end users or do any original market research to find out just how big a market it is, meaning the sales are poor through their distribution channel even if a lot of their units are in the country. They came in used, bypassing the distributors because they are universally hated. Three companies have all the brands locked up so no repairs, no access to warranty, no parts.

Comment

Just thought should point out that the schematic also applies to a Kustom Profile System one which suffers from oscillation due to inadequate filtering before the regulators.
                eg
                http://music-electronics-forum.com/t23113/

Looks like
                Click image for larger version

Name:	PROFILE-SYS-ONE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	828543
                Last edited by oc disorder; 03-24-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

It seems that the second shop I listed below has it slightly cheaper but in case of purchase there is a risk of some additional fees (customs). In Poland (just accross the border) the situation is completely different. I think I can find everything I need. The only problem is to know where to look for. Lately I was looking for some components that only Mouser in the US had and I found out that there are companies that provides supplies for electronics assembly companies and they can deliver everything from Mouser. Of course they have some charges but the final price was almost the same as from Mouser (or even lower because they have much lower delivery fee - instead of $40 I was charged something like $10).
                  Also lately I was looking for 2SC3281/2SA1302, which are obsolete parts from Toshiba and there are many fakes from China, I found out them on the local market in Warsaw (and they are no fakes).
                  So you could check parts avalibility in Poland before you order them from the States.

Mark

Comment

The main problem is the cost of getting something here without getting lost in customs or disappearing and the $75-300 shipping charges for a few kgs of parts. If I was ordering $1000 a week it would make sense, but $75 or $100 to get a $1 pot or knob is hard to justify.
                    Where are you living? ...... ARGENTINA ?????

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                    X